Photo Comments (1)
Sex: Male Weight: 8 lbs.
|Home:Mesa, AZ ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a treat for Bear (1992 -2006)
Catster stats for Bear (1992 -2006)
6 times 861
Special Gift Box:
BearCat, Bayer, Fat Stuff, Big Bear
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
June 12th 1992
Sitting on the side of the bathtub while mom took her bath and read. Looking out the window.
Bear hated being bothered when he wasn't in the mood, most men, being held, car rides, and VETS!
Squishy balls. Bear felt too dignified to play most of the time.
Favorite Nap Spot:
On Mommy's desk, beside Mommy in bed, and on top of the cabinets.
Whipped cream. Chicken. Dairy products.
Playing fetch with squishy balls. His greatest skill was making Mommy happy.
I was born in 1992 under my Daddy's desk to my kitty mommy, Toonces. Toonces had been a stray and was pregnant when Daddy took her in. She gave birth to 2 boys and 2 girls. I was the only one that had the unusual brown color, so Daddy decided to keep me.
Bear went to the Rainbow Ridge on September 27, 2006 after a courageous battle with Chronic Renal Failure. Bear had gotten suddenly very ill in April 2006, and was given only the weekend to live. He pulled through and was treated for CRF the rest of the time. He was as patient as he could be with daily injections of subcutaneous IV fluids, tri-weekly injections of Epogen to stimulate red blood cell growth, syringe feeding to maintain his weight, and liquid medicine to help his mouth ulcers. In the end, his frail body couldn't handle anymore and he went to the bridge.
Not a day goes by where his Mommy and Daddy don't cry about him. His ashes are on the mantle over the fireplace, along with some beautiful pictures, but it isn't the same as having him here in person. We miss you, Bear.
The most handsome cat in the world.
The Last Forum I Posted In:
The Wedding of Tommy and Zoey ~ May 23
I've Been On Catster Since:
|November 18th 2007
||More than 7 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
December 4th 2007 8:37 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
This is my first diary entry, so be kind to me. It is difficult for a big strong guy like me to open up, writing all mooshy and sentimental. But, since I have been at the Bridge, I have been getting in touch with my "inner cat" and working on that mooshy side. Mama always said that it was there, but I didn't let many people on Earth see it.
What prompted me to write my first diary entry, you ask? Well, I have been tagged by my handsome brown friend, Baby Major! We are playing a holiday game, "All I Want For Christmas!!!" There are many things I want for Christmas this year; hopefully I can fit them all on here.
All I Want for Christmas:
1) New kidneys for all of the kitties out there that are suffering from chronic or acute renal failure. That's what brought me to the Bridge, and so many of my new friends here.
2) Kittie dentures for all of the kitties who are walking around with no teeth. How does a kitty crunch kibble with no teeth? That just won't do (And we all look more handsome/beautiful with teeth.).
3) Happiness for Mama and Daddy. They cry about me and my brother Squeak and my mother Toonces here at the Bridge. I try to visit when I can, but I know they are having a hard time without us there.
4) Full bellies, warm and safe souroundings, and loving humans to care for all of the kitties out there who have yet to find a wonderful home.
5) New hearts and souls for all of the people who abuse/mistreat/neglect their pets or other animals that they come in contact with.
Now I know you are probably thinking that I am ONE altruistic cat. Fear not, furfriends! There are some materialistic things that I would like to get as well (I am a cat, after all.).
6) A girl kitty to snuggle next to. Low maintenance, any size, shape, or color. Just someone who loves me and maybe likes to play in water.
7) A new set of those squishy, bouncy balls that I can play fetch with and meow as loud as I can with them in my mouth.
8) Cheese-flavored danishes with fresh milk.
9) A good brushy-brush for my fur.
and 10) Lots of new friends to play with here at the Bridge.
Whew. This diary writing is rough work. I must patch the Christmas torch (candle?) to 5 of my friends:
Romeo # 327842
Happy Holidays Everycat!
See all diary entries for Bear (1992 -2006)|