June 1st 2011 10:53 pm
[ View A Comments (7) ]
Dear Diary....I wrote this a few months ago and for some reason I failed to post it? (mom says you'll know why if you take a moment to read this...blushes) Just found it in my diary archive and wanted to share as mom is still amazed and in shock by my recent 'tail twitching' behavior...
It has been very tiring over the past few years, to say the least, to try and remain the King of my Castle. Aah, to reminisce about the wonderful days when it was just Sebastian and I. Sebastian had a few belongings which, for the most part I allowed, but everything else belonged to me, myself and I! Sebastian unexpectedly left us one sad day and everything within my castle’s walls became solely, and rightfully, mine! Then Chico came along and all remained peaceful as I allowed him to have a few treasures for which he could claim as his own and we were both blissfully happy. All that has changed since mom started rescuing pathetic, needy kitties and bringing them into my castle! I have finally had it, and this King has undeniably decided to make a stand!
At first it wasn’t too bad as most seemed to be quarantined to mom’s and the spare sleeping quarters. They seemed to take shelter here, get well and then move on to their own castles. But then, and I can’t put my finger on the exact day, things slowly began to change. Some decided to stay long after their welcome and were actually bold enough to start trotting freely around my domain, trying to conquer and claim everything in sight as their own! Yep! My favorite sleeping spots were suddenly scented with their icky aromas left behind on their tufts of fur. The nerve! My food and water dishes had another’s smell of saliva emanating from them! Ick! My precious jewels (toys) were disappearing right and left only to be later found tarnished and relocated throughout my kingdom! Thieves!! And don’t even get me started about my once private throne! (litter box)
Enough is enough and I am reclaiming everything as MINE!
* My favorite spots to sleep…. Now once again covered in MY fur…only!
* My favorite serving dish….. Now just a dab of my regurgitated food left in it, just enough to make the other’s bypass it and feast out of the other dishes. Score!
* My favorite jewels….Now well hidden and I’m sentencing harsh paw lashes to any others who dare discovers them and attempts to steal them!
* UPS & USPS Boxes that have been claimed by other’s to play in…. A quick spin around, a bit of tail twitching and they are marked as garbage by mom! Ha! Take that!
* The newest cat tower and cat posts…. More tail twitching. MINE! (Reads note to self…. “Must rethink this strategy as mom becomes highly upset with me.”)
* My Sissy C thinking that she can non-stop text another male and ignore ME? .... a bit of tail twitching… done… she is marked as MINE! (Reads another note to self.. “Must NEVER do this to a human again, Sissy C is now also psychologically marked by this and mom is ready to have me committed for insanity!”)
I have taken my stand! This castle is now once again conquered and claimed as ALL MINE! ** Glances at computer and notices that mom is researching insane asylums for cats. Scampers off and hides.** MOL!
Headbonks & Kingly Purrs
~~Note from Sam’s mom… Has anyone ever heard or had the experience of a cat ‘marking’ them? I’m beside myself with Sam’s recent behavior, especially peeing on Courtney!!! He’s healthy and these have all been deliberate acts, I swear he runs off giggling. He has always been an oddball, but this is beginning to appear like he is going senile!~~
"If I can see it, it's MINE!"
Oh my! You mean business!
He's just being KING of his domain like I do at my "house"...
As long as their is no medical issues..I wouldn't worry.
BUT thanks fur the great ideas to anny my mewomy!
Tygre and I are going through the same issues right now! Neither of us has been on a human, but we peed on Minnie's alter and Sheba's heated cat beds. It's important that semi-feral Cali and Doppel Newman understand than Sheba and Minnie's stuff belong to US.
Oops. That was suppose to be, neither of us has peed on a human.
dood...werd up...yur markin everee thing haz given yur mom concern....we noe ewe mite be sprayin outta stress or markin yur terri toree, but once de werd iz out that de house N itz contents iz ALL yurs, ya gotta stop sprayin buddy or ya mite just end up at the ewe now wear.....EEEEGA...N sprayin sissy C iz like a waste oh ewe de colognia pal, for sum reezun peepul dont like de smell....yea...go figure....
Great Diary MOL. I am glad you reclaimed your stuff.