Lily's Pad

Don't try this at home

September 25th 2009 1:14 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I have always had this notion that I am Super Kitty. You know, invincible and that I cannot be harmed. I LOVE hanging out at the ceiling in the kitchen, lounging from atop the cabinets that butt up against the ceiling. I will hold still as a statue so that mom cannot see me, as I look down on her as if she were prey.... stalking her. Well mom really does see me, but she ignores me. The *THUNK* of me jumping from the top of the cabinet to the kitchen counter is a dead giveaway and she knows that I am the one up there 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time it is my little brother Chance; way to go kiddo, I taught you well.

Anyway, I was going about my business in the kitchen being as naughty as I could be, and I landed badly from my flight back down from the ceiling to the counter. Mom actually saw me do this, and after I *THUNKED* to the floor, I limped in pain to a place where I could hide. Mom thought.... uh oh..... (only ME)

So I'd been hobbling about for a couple of days when she decided to take me to the v.e.t. Thankfully nothing was broken, and I got to take pain meds from a syringe for 6 days. Interesting experience, this squirting of liquid from a syringe into my mouth. I was actually quite good about it and feeling pretty good on these meds! Oh yes! Life is good! Well... that came to a crashing halt when I stopped; mom saw that I was limping and crying out more, so she took me back to that place in my port-a-jail. I really don't like the way she drives.

Lo and behold, turns out that I completely blew out my cruciate ligament! Tore it completely. I was quite surprised, as I'm very graceful and dainty when it comes to my escapades. Mom at least has peace of mind knowing what is up with me, and the good doctor said that all that we can do is give it time to heal. Fortunately I am no longer in pain, but still hobbling and a bit miffed that I cannot get to my ceiling hideaway. I AM milking it for all it's worth however; mom is being extra lovey-dovey to me and showering me with treats and loves. What a sucker, MOL MOL!

So, I've been dubbed Peg-Leg by my BFF ROSIE. Perfect for Talk Like A Pirate Day! ARRRRRRRRRRR! Still hobbling about a month later, but it is definitely getting better, bit by tiny bit.

So, my friends. Please- don't try this at home!

Love and Q-Tips to all!

 
 

Leave a Comment


Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required


Anti-spam Challenge:
1 + 5 =

 

Lily ♥ ♥


 

Family Pets

Boingo

(1982-2002) AD
Tigger
♥ DB
#176A
Poo Sweet
Angel ADB #57A
Odie ♥
Oreo ♥
George
♥ DB
#176B
Chandon
♥(missi
ng 7/00)
Oingo ♥
ADB #57B
(1982-
Perky
♥(1969-
1987)
Chance
♥ DB
#176C
Eve ♥
Berkeley
Bo ~ 5/15/02 -
5/29/10
Moonshadow
♥ DB
#176D
PooToo
♥ DIT
#68

Subscribe

(What does RSS do?)