American Shorthair
Picture of Kay, a female American Shorthair

Photo Comments

Home:Humboldt, a  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Female   Weight: 15 lbs.

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Kay

Miss Touch Me Not; Kitten, Baby, Honey

Kitty Complexion:
sleepyvery active
not curiousvery curious
not vocalvery vocal

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:
-mixed breed-cat rescue

July 10th 2003


Sleeping with mommy, belly rubs, scratching down by her tail, and softly rubbing her nose.

Going outside, and being chased by my pug cousin, Pippin. I also hate the vacuum cleaner, and other cats trying to move in on my territory.

Favorite Toy:
toy bird that chirps,toy mouse on a string, anything that rolls, and sometimes imaginary things!

Favorite Nap Spot:
Mommy's computer chair, Grandpa's recliner, sofa, window ledge, Mommy's bed or dresser.

Favorite Food:
Friskies' Feline Favorites, Greenies!

She is trained to the point where she goes outside, when she has to do her potty business. Except in the Winter. She refuses to go out in the snow!

indoors and outdoors

Arrival Story:
My father passed away on April 15, 2003. Now it is just me and my mother in the house. We were out mowing along side of the road in August of 2003, when we saw four kittens cross the road. We ended up rescuing them all. There were two calico's, and two black and white kittens. Lee-Ann and Sue got hit by cars in 2004, and Jean died of lung cancer in July of 2006. Kay is the only one we have left so we do tend to protect her a bit more. My mother has always said that my father sent them to us from Heaven, so we can remember how it is to love and care again.

I won last years Springdale's cat of the year contest.http://springdale.mattncom pany.com/catsphotocontest

Forums Motto:
Ruler of the Roost

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Cat Pregnant??

I was chosen Kitty Amigo of the Week for 12-17-2007! I was chosen Daily Diary Pick on 01-08-2008, 04-13-08, 06-16-08, 07-04-08, and 5-18-09!

I've Been On Catster Since:
September 28th 2007 More than 9 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family
PippinJean 2003-2006PeteyPiper

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

A Calico's Life

Face book

October 18th 2010 6:07 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Mom is on face book! She would love to add any of my Catster friends who are also on face book. Mom loves being friends with fellow animal lovers.
Mom's name is Tammy Stoll and her profile photo is on Pug Petey's Dogster page www.dogster.com/dogs/1000491
Hope to be friends with you on face book!
Love, Kay


Mom has been sick

September 12th 2010 8:16 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Mom has been sick for a very long time. She have been having so much pain and it never goes away. She woke up on August 13th having pains in her sides and they haven't stopped yet. On August 14th, she could not stand the pain in her sides anymore, so she went to the Saturday morning clinic hours. The doctor prescribed medicine for an UTI, but later found out that the urine sample was negative. She went back to the doctor on Tuesday, August 17th, because she was no better. They did another urine sample and drew blood. The doctor said she must have colon diverticulitis, and prescribed an antibiotic, as her white blood cells were elevated. She continued to be in pain until Wednesday morning of August 25th, when her sister took her to the ER. She got more blood drawn, an IV, pain medicine, X-rays, another urine test, and a CT scan. The doctor admitted her and she prepared for a colonoscopy for the next morning. The surgeon, however, came in the next morning and told her that her CT scan showed her as negative as having colon diverticulitis, and that everything looked normal on the CT scan. The doctor sent her home. He prescribed two more antibiotics. On Friday, August 27th, she went to a woman doctor who did a pelvic exam and a pap smear. All came back normal. On Monday, August 30th, she went to the doctor to get more blood drawn and another urine test. That afternoon, she went to another doctor who prescribed her a medicine to relax the muscles and for a spastic colon. He referred her to a surgeon to have a colonoscopy. On August 31st, she went to the doctor and he told her that her white blood cells were back to normal and to stop taking the antibiotics. He told her to keep the surgeon appointment for that afternoon. She went to the surgeon's appointment to schedule the colonoscopy (the same surgeon that told her that she did not need one) and he scheduled an appointment for a HIDA scan for Friday, September 3rd to check her gall bladder. She went in at 10 a.m., and could not have anything to eat or drink six hours prior. She had to lie under a big machine while they injected a radiation dye into her IV. She had to lie still for over an hour and then they had to inject a fatty substance dye into her IV. Mom said she got really sick and it felt like someone was kicking her in the stomach. She had to lie there for another 30 minutes until she was allowed to get up. She just wants to stop hurting. We cancelled our vacation to go to Indiana, as mom's sister, Trisha, is going to have a baby girl on September 10th. The surgeon called the day after Labor Day and told mom that her gall bladder is only functioning 28%. He scheduled surgery for Thursday, September 9th. Mom has gone through a lot. She got to the hospital at 10 a.m., and got into a gown, had blood drawn for a pregnancy test (they said it was the law), and then the nurse came in to put in mom's IV. Mom said it hurt so much and then the nurse never did get it in. Another nurse came in and put it in mom's other hand and mom said it didn't hurt at all that time. Mom got three Valium's, and then Grandma and Auntie Tabitha was allowed to go in and sit with mom. Then, they had to wait for hours. The surgery ahead of mom had complications, so she didn't even get back there until almost 4 p.m. Mom had some pain pills before hand, and when she got to the surgery room, she said she just remembers them putting the air mask on her face, and then waking up.She is SO sore now though. They took her back to observation, after the recovery room, and because it was so late, they made mom stay the night. Grandma stayed with mom all night, and at one point, they gave mom some morphine in her IV, but she started itching and her arm started getting red splotches on it. Petey went to spend the night with Pippin and I stayed here alone. Mom managed to get some pudding down around 4 a.m. Then she had some toast and applesauce for breakfast. She said she made herself get up, so she was able to go home around 11 a.m. She has four holes in her tummy, but the nurse did say she could take a shower after 24 hours. She has to go back to the surgeon next week too. Mom moans a lot and holds her stomach and I am very careful not to jump on her. Petey is being good about it too. I miss mom. She hasn't been herself in over a month and I try and stay close to her as I possibly can. We just want her to get well again.
On Friday, September 10th, at 6:49 a.m., Auntie Trisha gave birth by C-section to a baby girl, Elaina Rose, 7 pounds, 11 ounces, 21 inches long.


My Birthday

July 11th 2010 11:53 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Yesterday was my birthday and I am now 7 years old. I still get around good for my age. Mom got me two packages of kitty treats and a catnip bee that jingles. There has been a lot of changes in my house lately. Last month, we got new floors in mom's room and the Living Room and that took a long time. We got new carpeting now, which feels good under my 7 year old feet. I also got my litter box, and food/water dishes changed to a different location. This will take awhile to get use to, but for the most part, I am doing okay with the transition. I sleep with mom at night, and lounge during the day. Mom gave me a hair cut last month too, but my hair is slowly growing back. It hasn't been too hot yet, so I am hoping it doesn't get unbearable. I hope everyone is enjoying their Summer months.

See all diary entries for Kay