Likes: He likes snuggling, lying on beds, wrestling
Pet-Peeves: He HATES loud noises and being frightened
Favorite Toy: A small bunny and a jingle ball
Favorite Nap Spot: Our bed
Favorite Food: Fancy Feast Medleys
Skills: He is amazing getting around and used to the house.
Arrival Story: Looking through ragdoll rescue groups and organizations, there was a posting for this little boy. He was about 96 miles away, so we drove out to meet him. We took one look at him and knew he had to be part of our family.
Bio: This lovely little boy has anophthalmia, which means he was born without eyes. God bless his breeder/mom Jena for keeping him around. Mags had his eye sockets scraped out/cleaned and then his lids sewn shut so we didn't ever have to worry about infections. Mags is the most consistently gentle, sweet boy.
The sad thing is I don't have anything to add to this!
I'm a simple boy, with lots of things that make me happy.With that said, I will give thank for the following things:
1. Canned food most especially Fancy Feasts Medleys
2. My brothers and sisters who play with me, clean my face and just let me be me
3. My bestie, Finney
4. All of my wonderful friends on Catster!
5. My mommy, daddy and human sister, Tori
1. I'm EXCELLENT at playing with toys or chasing things.
2. I like sitting on the post at the end of the bannister (but that makes Mommy really nervous b/c she's afraid I'll fall)
3. I once scared Mommy and Daddy to bits because they couldnt find me and I didn't answer them either. I was lying on the shelf in the coffee table for hours while they searched for me inside and outside!!
4. I was born with anophthalmia, which is pretty rare.
5. It took me less than a week to learn the layout of my home.
6. My nickname "Squint" was given to me by Philadelphia Phillies 2nd Baseman, Chase Utley
7. My best friend on Catster is Alex Finnegan bka Finney!
I had some swelling after the stitches were removed. Then, yesterday, I managed to get my hind leg up and scratch the corner of the eye. IT WAS ITCHING!!! Well, that wasn't so good, let me tell you. I opened up the lid and the eye was oozing. Daddy was VERY good about cleaning me up before he and Mommy and Tori took me to the hospital. (Daddy thought Mommy would get worked up if she saw me looking a mess like I was)
So, 2 docs saw me and 2 nurses and they all thought it best if they DIDN'T stitch me back up and allowed the fluid to leave. So, that's what we did.
No one knew what happened to me, so Mommy was still upset. But then...she SAW me get my leg up there. She quick picked me up and took me across the hall to the hospital and got me a bigger e-collar. I don't like it but now I get to have it off to eat and drink, etc. Then afterwards, Mommy and I lounge around, listen to music or the TV and we cuddle.
I was sneezing yesterday, so they switched me to zithromax and lysine paste. That medicine is SO MUCH better tasting!! Thank goodness.
I'd like to thank every kitty for the lovely pmails and rosettes and well wishes. All those purrs are helping me heal!!