May 7th 2009 7:20 am
[ View A Comments (1) ]
My vet called this morning and told mom that my results are within normal limits except that my thyroid level and liver levels are "slightly" elevated. They want to do yet another blood test to rule out thyroid problems.
If it is my thyroid that means I may have to do the radioactive iodine treatment (none of the doctors in Louisville perform this procedure), surgery, or medication......
Mom will be taking me back to the vet tomorrow for more blood to be taken....
Oh, and my vet said that he cannot conclusively tell from the x-ray where the thickening is. If I have Hyperthyroidism it is possible that my HCM can be reversed.... so it's hurry up and wait, again
Did you check to see if that specialist I went to does the radioactive treatment? They are on Blankenbaker - Metropolitan Vet Specilists.