Figaro, 2003-2009

American Shorthair/Breed Unknown
Picture of Figaro, 2003-2009, a male American Shorthair/Breed Unknown

Photo Comments

Home:Rockford, MI  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Male   Weight: 12 lbs.

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Figaro, 2003-2009

Cat, Figgy, Figgus, Figgi-Roo, Figgity, Little Tat

Kitty Complexion:
sleepyvery active
not curiousvery curious
not vocalvery vocal

Quick Bio:
-mixed breed-cat rescue

May 4th 2003

Gray Tabby

playing with and/or tormenting his "brothers"; and cuddling with his "Mom"

being held too long; loud noises

Favorite Toy:
lazer light

Favorite Nap Spot:
under the couch

Favorite Food:
anything that we're eating


indoors and outdoors

Arrival Story:
He was brought to the animal hospital where my mother worked, as a stray at about 5 weeks of age. She brought him home during lunch hour to show me. I really wanted a dog, but was moving into an apartment soon, so knew a cat would be much more sensible. When lunch was over and it was time to bring the kitten back to the clinic I couldn't stand to part with him, so I kept him and named him Figaro!

Our little Figgi-Roo disappeared on October 7, 2006. He went out with Uncle Patches on a beautiful sunny day, Uncle Patches came back in but we never saw Figaro again! We put up fliers with his picture on it and checked the local shelters for several months after, but never found him. He was such a sweetie that we think someone else took him in thinking he was a stray. We miss him still!! :-(

Forums Motto:
Blood Donor Extraordinaire!

I've Been On Catster Since:
August 7th 2004 More than 10 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family
Wagner's Gold
2004-2013, RIP

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

My Diary

Figaro is now deceased

October 10th 2009 1:29 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Poor Figaro was lost for over 2 years, but he returned in the middle of last winter Jan. 2009), on a weekend that was very stormy, with the wind-chills barely above zero degrees Fahrenheit. By this time he was feral, so we had to catch him in a live trap. Mom took him right to the animal clinic where she work. He was starved and severely dehydrated, so they allowed him to get warm, re-hydrated, and gave him some tasty canned food to enjoy. Then they tested him for feline leukemia and found he was positive. We decided to have him humanely euthanized. I really miss my little "Figgi-Roo", and even though we had to put him to sleep, at least I know what happened to him. It was much worse not knowing when he was lost.

See all diary entries for Figaro, 2003-2009