May 10th 2015 11:41 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Thank you for letting me fly free today. I want you to know that I appreciate all the care, food & love you gave me over the past 16 years and 10 months.
From the time I was a kitten, I was afraid of humans. Despite this, you gave me and my furmily a good, safe home. You took us to the vet and got us vaccinated and neutered. The first 15 years of my life were great—I had my mom, Belle, and my brother, Figaro, with me. We were a very happy furmily. After Belle and Figaro went to the Bridge in July 2013, I remained distant from human companionship. I got along with Antoine & Clara, but we were never buddies.
About 6 months ago, I started losing weight. I know you were worried about me, but I wouldn't let you come near me... until 5 days ago. By that point I was very skinny and getting weak. As you brought me food, you reached into my bed and pet me, and I realized how much I missed having close contact with another being. It had been almost 2 years since I had my furmily. You were so happy when I began to purr!
Three days later, you decided to try to take me to the vet. I didn't resist when you picked me up and put me in the cage. Blood tests revealed that I had an elevated white cell count, anemia, low potassium, high BUN, but normal creatinine. I was hospitalized and put on an IV-drip with an antibiotic and a potassium supplement. We were hoping that I had hyperthyroidism—a condition that is easily treated with medication. Unfortunately, my thyroid was normal. Instead, I had cancer in the intestines. The IV-fluids made me feel a lot better, but if I stopped the IV, I would quickly become dehydrated & weak again.—I could never go home and lead a quality life. So you and Dr. Jackson set me free this afternoon.
Thank you Meowmy, for everything you have done for me. I know I haven't been the friendliest cat in the world, but the last 5 days were special. I love you, Meowmy. Now I'm with Belle and Figaro again.
January 23rd 2009 1:20 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I’ve been tagged by Bo to write 7 facts about myself and then tag 7 other kitties.
1. Bo and I both have cute, smudgy noses.
2. I have a slight kink near the tip of my tail. It has been that way since my meowmy rescued me as a kitten.
3. I am scared of humans, including my meowmy. If she gets to close, I hiss at her.
4. I don’t like meowmy’s camera! When she points that thing at me and the red light comes on, I run! It has been awhile since meowmy got any good photos of me.
5. I like to hide in my cardboard cathouse. It’s on a shelf behind some filing cabinets, where nobody can reach me and I can see out the window.
6. Figaro and I live full-time in the playroom. Occasionally meowmy used to lock our mean sisfur, Entrechat, in the bedroom and let us come upstairs to visit. But now that Dusty and Clara also live upstairs, Figgy and I don’t come up to visit anymore.
7. I like to share the big kitty bed with Belle and Figaro in the cold winter. The bed is purrfect for 2 cats, but I crawl on top. Belle usually ends up on the bottom! MOL!
November 20th 2008 8:53 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I’ve been tagged by my handsome new friend in Germany, Jolan, to name 5 things for which I am thankful.
1. I am thankful to have a home. I wish everyone were so lucky. Miracle and her family have been displaced by a apartment fire on Nov. 16th, and we are purring for them to find a new home soon.
2. I am thankful to have a family. As you may already know from my profile, I have always been afraid of humans. But I love my mommy, Belle, and my brofur, Figaro. I also enjoy some of the other kitties in the house—especially Mathis and Antoine.
3. I am thankful for the good food here. It’s so tasty that I can almost tolerate the human who brings it out. MOL!
4. I am thankful for all the kitty amenities here. There are many cozy beds to curl up in and cat poles to climb. This place is a kitty’s dream!
5. I am thankful for all my beautiful Catster friends! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and purrs to you all!