November 21st 2007 12:15 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I heard about this thru the RBK group, and sure wanted to make my list, too.
1. I am thankful that, even though I was not wanted at my first home, Momma was right there to take me in. I am very thankful that the first time Momma looked into my lavender eyes, she fell in love with me. So I had a forever home from the time I was about 10 weeks old, and never had to go to a shelter or live outside all alone.
2. I am thankful that while I was on earth, I was never, ever really sick. I was blessed with a very healthy life, Momma is grateful for that, too.
3. I am thankful that I always shared my home with 3 others, I had plenty of company to pal around with and play with. I am such a friendly guy, it would have been a shame for me to be the only one.
4. I am thankful that I lived long enough to be friends with Johnny, one of Momma's first cats -- all the way through to Buster, our newest addition last year.
5. I am thankful that although Momma moved across the country more than once, I always knew I was going with her -- no matter where. Momma told me once that when she takes a kitty in, that's a contract for LIFE. And so I knew that her home would be my final home, I would always have the same Momma to take care of me and love me no matter where we lived.
6. I am thankful that I got to see all kinds of places, too. I was born in the desert and lived there a few years, then off to the east coast - where I saw and played with snow for the first time, then to the plains!
7. I am especially thankful to have known my "brother" Felix, with whom I shared 10 years of my life. Although separated in age, we grew as close as littermates. He even held me as I made my way to the Bridge..
8. I am thankful that the last few months of my earth life were better than they had been when I grew older, that I felt better and much more interested in new things, including that little Buster. It was so sweet of him to include me in his games, and how gentle he was with me!
9. I am thankful that my crossing was brief, and that the Rainbow Bridge Kitties came to greet me and welcome me right away.
10. I am thankful to have found Catster before I had to cross, to have shared a little bit of my life with my new kitty friends. And to my new, Rainbow Bridge kitty friends, I am thankful for the love you have given me since I've been here, and for all the kindness and care you have shown my Momma since I left her.
Thank you all so very much ...
Leave a Comment