January 4th 2008 6:58 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Well, I just knew that Momma was missing me so much. And she has so much love to give, it was such a shame to have a vacancy in our house.
After I crossed the Bridge, I told this stray in our neighborhood to try out our house for awhile. I told him that Momma would feed him real good, and make sure he had plenty of fresh water to drink. But Momma just wouldn't take him in, her heart hurt too much missing me and all. So she just kept feeding him every day. He had been around -- he seems to be an older fella, but never visiting our house until after I crossed, and told him to go.
Yesterday, I saw this kitty was hurt, he was bleeding. Well, I told him not to delay, to go see Momma because she'd make sure he got all fixed up. Yup, I was right. He went right to Momma's house and she whisked him off to the vet. He spent the night there, she's getting him all fixed up and cleaned up and stuff. I knew she couldn't resist a kitty in need.
Now we are just waiting to hear back from the vet if it's okay for this kitty to join my earth family. Keep your paws crossed for him, you all, he's had a really tough life on his own!
I'll keep you posted.
November 21st 2007 12:15 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I heard about this thru the RBK group, and sure wanted to make my list, too.
1. I am thankful that, even though I was not wanted at my first home, Momma was right there to take me in. I am very thankful that the first time Momma looked into my lavender eyes, she fell in love with me. So I had a forever home from the time I was about 10 weeks old, and never had to go to a shelter or live outside all alone.
2. I am thankful that while I was on earth, I was never, ever really sick. I was blessed with a very healthy life, Momma is grateful for that, too.
3. I am thankful that I always shared my home with 3 others, I had plenty of company to pal around with and play with. I am such a friendly guy, it would have been a shame for me to be the only one.
4. I am thankful that I lived long enough to be friends with Johnny, one of Momma's first cats -- all the way through to Buster, our newest addition last year.
5. I am thankful that although Momma moved across the country more than once, I always knew I was going with her -- no matter where. Momma told me once that when she takes a kitty in, that's a contract for LIFE. And so I knew that her home would be my final home, I would always have the same Momma to take care of me and love me no matter where we lived.
6. I am thankful that I got to see all kinds of places, too. I was born in the desert and lived there a few years, then off to the east coast - where I saw and played with snow for the first time, then to the plains!
7. I am especially thankful to have known my "brother" Felix, with whom I shared 10 years of my life. Although separated in age, we grew as close as littermates. He even held me as I made my way to the Bridge..
8. I am thankful that the last few months of my earth life were better than they had been when I grew older, that I felt better and much more interested in new things, including that little Buster. It was so sweet of him to include me in his games, and how gentle he was with me!
9. I am thankful that my crossing was brief, and that the Rainbow Bridge Kitties came to greet me and welcome me right away.
10. I am thankful to have found Catster before I had to cross, to have shared a little bit of my life with my new kitty friends. And to my new, Rainbow Bridge kitty friends, I am thankful for the love you have given me since I've been here, and for all the kindness and care you have shown my Momma since I left her.
Thank you all so very much ...
November 3rd 2007 3:10 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I've been so busy meeting new friends here at the Bridge and looking around (yes! I CAN see again), I haven't been back to update my diary in such a long time. Momma's been sick lately, too, so I have been watching over her pretty close. My Momma has some bad stress related illnesses, my leaving just left her really wiped out.
Momma has been a little better, recently, and is finally able to talk about me a little bit, again. At first, she just couldn't deal with it and cried just about non-stop. It's still really hard, but I've done a couple things that make her feel better --
I've updated my page a little. Right away, after I crossed, I received my wings and lovely Bridge picture from dearest Abby. Didn't she do a wonderful job? It's so pretty, and it makes me think of the pretty seashore. Momma always thought I belonged at the seashore, and look -- now here I am.
My new friend, BeeJay (in loving memory) has been really kind to me and my family. I really appreciate it. He has been very understanding of Momma, and how she's been so quiet lately. All the kitties from the Rainbow Kitties were so quick to welcome me, and our other Catster friends are so kind and supportive, this is such a great place.
So in keeping with my new digs here at the seashore, I changed my background to seawater (I thought it was real pretty) and my song to "La Mer". My old song just made Momma cry so much she couldn't bear to go to my page anymore. I couldn't have that, so I changed it. Now it makes Momma smile, to think of me playing at the shore, romping with my new friends.
I'm happy to see my brothers, Tommy, Buster, and Felix, are getting along so well and taking care of my Momma. I know that they can still see me, and I love them every bit as much as when I was right there on earth with them.
Well, time to go look for sand dollars ...
From Momma - precious Lars. I miss you so much. I only wish I could visit with you, there, at the shore where we could be together. I love you.