Favorite Toy: Toy mouse on a wand, loves to chase it
Favorite Food: Fancy Feast Classic, Blue Spa select Chicken and brown rice
Arrival Story: Adopted from Touched by a Paw cat rescue. Was left in an apartment when a college student left for home. Mom was planning a trip to Italy at the time and since her name was Bella (Italian for Beautiful) it was fate that she had to come with her new mom to her forever home
Bio: Bella just lost her big brother BeeJay in March 2007. She is missing him and Mom is currently looking for a new baby brother or sister for her. Update: As of May 31, 2007 Bella has a new brother named Mufasa. Mom found him on Catster. They are now good friends and Bella is happier with another kittie in the house.
8-27-2010 Bella continues to be an absolute darling kittie. She now has two younger sisters in addition to her brother. She gets along well with everyone and is definitely the most mellow cat in the house. She loves cuddling at night with Mommie.
We're having a Spring Tag game. If you would like to play, just copy my diary, change my answers to yours, and tag five furiends!
Five things I love about Spring:
1. The birds come to the bush by the window!
2. when it rains, I can curl up with Mommie and listen to it and it's easy to fall asleep
3. The windows get opened and we can hear and smell the outside, instead of just see it
4. The world becomes green, like my eyes!
5. I can get warm almost anywhere instead of just in front of the heating vent or on the heating pad
I tag: Tucker (of course!), Mr. Biscuits, Tyler, Willow and Selina
So, I'm officially an Olde Furt. But being older has it's benefits. Here are some of the good things that I get because I'm the oldest.
1. When Mommie gives us our canned food in the morning, I get mine first. And she usually gives me any extra juice in the can because that's the part I like and she doesn't want me to lose weight.
2. I get to sleep on Mommie's pillow and she only complains a little bit about it. Sometimes, when she fusses about it, I move and sleep on her chest.
3. On cold mornings, before Mommie gets up, she turns the heating pad on low so it is warm when she leaves the bed. That way I don't have to get cold before the furnace comes on.
4. I get the best spots to watch out the window. If my brother or sisters try to fight me for it, Mommie tells them to leave me alone because I'm the oldest! (Actually, Mommie says I am the alpha female in the house and so the other cats seldom challenge me for space)
5. I have my special place by the heating vent in the living room that no other cat can use! Because it's warm and I say it's mine!
Today is my birthday, and I am 10 years old. This means I am a senior kittie, although Mommie says there are times when I still act like a kitten. I am the oldest cat in the house, which means I am in charge when Mommie isn't there. And that can be a challenge! Especially because I am also the smallest cat in the house.
I have lived here a long time-most of my life. But I didn't start out here. Mommie found me in a shelter (Touched by a Paw in Whitewater, Wisconsin) when I was about a year old. They told Mommie that I was found in an apartment after the tenants moved out-evidently they just left me behind. I am glad that the person who found me took me to a no-kill shelter and that Mommie came and took me home from there! Many kitties are not that lucky, and we all send purrrs every night for the many cats that are in shelters or are out on their own. (Just a reminder to spay/neuter your pets! also a reminder that when you adopt it pet-it is a lifetime committment!)
As I sit looking out the big window at the snowy ground outside, I am so thankful for the shelter, food and love that I have known for most of my life. I also feel safe in the knowledge that Mommie will love me forever and make sure I am taken care of for the rest of my life. I want to thank all the Moms and Dads out there that are taking care of my many friends here on Catster-you are all wonderful!!!