Photo Comments Sex: Male Weight: 22 lbs.
Leave a treat for Dexter 1990 - 2005
Catster stats for Dexter 1990 - 2005
15 times 867
Dex-toid , Toid
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
Being held...he would jump into my arms if he grew impatient waiting for me to sit down! That's a lot of cat to catch, but he trusted I would catch him and I always did.
Anything with catnip and milk jug rings.
Favorite Nap Spot:
On the nearest available human.
He would stand on his ear for ice cream!
Winning hearts and a great "helper" when the bed sheets needed changing. During the short period of his life when he was permitted to go outside, he was a ferocious hunter.
I brought Dexter home from a farm where I boarded my horses. He was the most breathtakingly beautiful kitten you have ever seen....FAR too pretty to be a barn cat! So I took the 'lil ball -o- fuzz home with me. I was aware not only of who Dexter's mama was, but also his daddy, who had been hanging around the farm. They were both very tiny cats. Dexter grew into an ENORMOUS cat. He was never fat, but tipped the scales at 22 lbs as an adult. He was a lover and loved his human mama to pieces. He would meet me at the door every night and talk to me as soon as I came in the house. He followed me around like a dog. I lost this poor baby October 30 of 2005 to diabeties and CRF. He was a beautiful soul and I miss him horribly.
Since there is not yet a "Horsester" I had to add a pic of his "brother" Cajen who I just lost suddenly, tradgically, and unexpectedly March 24, 2007. I had raised him from a weanling. He would have been only 8 years old on April 30, 2007. I pray they both know how very much I love them, that they are happy, pain free, and munching grass and catnip side by side. I have faith that I will see them again when it is my turn to cross over.
Five hundred, twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes...how do you measure a year in the life of a friend?
Measure in Love
The Last Forum I Posted In:
All day Surprise birthday pawty for Teddy Bearz's first b
I've Been On Catster Since:
|April 8th 2007
||More than 8 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
May 23rd 2007 7:05 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Gooodness! I have been tagged by Jubilee and Abby! O.K, I'm game for the game! Here goes:
The rules of the MeMe Game: Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats who are tagged need to write these seven things in their own diary plus these rules. Then you get to tag seven other cats and list their names. Then, leave each of your tagged cats a comment that they have been tagged and to read your diary.
1) I adored my mommy and would not wait for her to pick me up. If she was taking too long to shower me with attention, I would simply jump into her arms! Sometimes I would catch her off guard, but she still never failed to catch me!
2) Even though I was "fixed," when I was permitted to go outside, I would still "squirt" the yard. Not just anywhere, but systematically. I would work my way around the edge of the backyard, giving every 3rd boxwood a squirt!
3) I loved bird!! One Thanksgiving, grandma had the turkey soaking in salt water in the sink. I tried to drag it out of the sink!!
4) I also loved ice cream and would gobble it up so fast that I would get "brain freeze." I would have to stop and stand there with my mouth open for a minute or so before diving in again!
5) I loved to have my ears rubbed...hard! I would purr and my eyes would roll to the back of my head to show my appreciation!
6) I always let Isaac think he was tougher than me. I outweighed him by 7 pounds...or a whole cat...and could have put the Queen in his place anytime...but I never did.
7) I hated to be brushed. This was the only time I would not display undying affection to mom. When it came to brushing time, I hissed!! But my mom even misses the battle of the brush. I miss my mom too.
Here's the next 7 players:
Yow Woo 485040
Hudson 471340 (even though HM is a kitten thief!)
See all diary entries for Dexter 1990 - 2005|