Photo Comments Sex: Female Weight: 10 lbs.
Leave a treat for Kate,the Shrew(RIP)
Catster stats for Kate,the Shrew(RIP)
14 times 1,328
May 15th 1982
Orange & White Tabby
She loved her daddy and daughter, Grizabella
Favorite Nap Spot:
She would almost always come when called and she would jump up in your arms if you crossed them. She was also the best kitty mom when she had her one litter.
Shortly before I got married, I saw this litter of kittens at a pet store. they were all orange. Katie was the only female in the group and she just shined like a star. I couldn't resist her, though I had 2 cats at home already.
Katie's human daddy would say that she was the most perfect cat ever, and he was probably right. She was smart, beautiful, loving.
She was orange and white and her white always gleamed. She was fastidious. How she got her name: When we brought this little 8 week old kitten home and intorduced her to the 2 adult cats, she furred up and made her presence known. My soon to be hubby said...she just like Kate the Shrew in Taming of the Shrew. The name stayed.
I let Katie have one litter. she gave birth to 5 kittens, though one was still born. She was the best mom in the world to her babies. Seeing as she had a theatrical name, I gave the babies all names from "cats". 3 went to new homes, but the little calico kitten stayed with us. I wanted to keep that one from the moment she was born. Her name was Grizabella. She has her own page on Catster.
Kate and Griz stayed very close and Katie taught her daughter well.
Katie left us much too soon. One evening, when she was just 7 1/2, she was sleeping in her daddy's lap. He got up to go to bed and brought her over to me. Griz was in my lap, so she lay right beside me, contented and purring. Then suddenly, she gave a strangled meow and she was gone. I was in shock, to say the least. I called for my husband in what he dubs "the voice" that means something is wrong. Katie was gone in just a moment. Had a doctor been standing right there, nothing could have been done. With great sadness and tears, my husband buried her that night in our yard.
Katie, you were the best and we loved you so much and miss you still. We believe you left us so soon because Bastet needed your help. As you know, your daughter Grizabella went on to live to 19 1/2. She did you proud.
I am the queen.
The Last Forum I Posted In:
Mietzi's and Boots wedding and baby adoption
The game of tag:
|My very best friend at the bridge:|
I have been tagged by Hugo and Bee Jay. This is a great game. Once you are tagged, youi have to list 7 facts about yourself. You post this on your page and can also send it to 7 other kitties you then tag. What fun facts can you tell us.
My facts are:
1. Hugo is my very best friend at the Rainbow Bridge. He is very thoughtful.(Grizabella, you are my daughter so don't be jealous Hugo is my friend)
2. Bee Jay is also a very nice cat at the bridge. I am sort of hoping that he might become a "special" friend.
3. I came to live with my human family right before mom and dad got married. Mom picked me out of a litter of all orange kittens. I was the only girl.
4. My best friend on earth, other than mom and dad and my daughter Griz, was my doggie sister G.P. She was a collie and I could always take her down, even when she got big.
5. I loved mom, but I was daddy's special girl. I would come whenever he called me and jump into his arms.
6. I was always a fastidious cat with clean shining fur, and my white just gleamed.
7. I onve befriended a baby bird named Mr. Peepers that my mom tried to save. Unfortunately, he crossed to the bridge. So if you see me with a robin, that is him.
my 7 tagges are
I know some of you may have already been tagged, but that's cause you are all so popular.
|My very handsome husband:|
|My wonderful adopted son, Dusty:|
|My lovely adopted daughter, Tsunami Moon:|
|My much loved adopted son:|
On Sunday, March 2, 2008, I was lucky enough to marry the most wonderful cat at the bridge, BeeJay. Our adopted kits were a part of the ceremony as were many of our very good friends. The wedding and reception were great. I am forever happy with my husband.
I've Been On Catster Since:
|February 26th 2007
||More than 9 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends