Pet-Peeves: Gargamel! I will be in the same room with him; but he always gets a hiss from me...stupid boy
Favorite Toy: Her own tail, batting at dangly strings, catnip cigars and chasing her sisters.
Favorite Nap Spot: the bathroom sink, dirty clothes piles on the floor, a kitchen chair or mommy's lap
Favorite Food: Anything edible
Skills: being beautiful
Arrival Story: Duchess lived the first six years of her life with another family. But their toddler and Duchess didn't get along. I don't think she had any place to get away from the child. They were ready to take her to a shelter but a friend of mine knew I was looking for cats to adopt. She sent me pictures of Duchess and I drove there to visit my friend and pick up my new cat.
Bio: My name is Duchess and I am the queen of this castle. The other two felines who live here with me are....of inferior stock. I generally do my own thing and ignore them. Okay, occassionally I will participate in a chase game around the apartment. No one should ever question my dominance. I have my own room. I claimed it exclusively for myself...THE BATHROOM! I absolutely love it. I sleep in the sink, or lounge on the cushy covered toilet lid. Sometimes I lay on a pile of mommy's clothes that she leaves in the floor just for me. I beg my pawrents to turn on the faucet for me so I can lap at the trickling water. Now that's what I call heaven.
Strange Behaviors: Duchess has a strange habit of "burying"her food. She scrapes at the carpet like she is in her litterbox. If anything is lying in the floor, say a stack of papers, she will kick them ontop of her food bowl. Bizarre! She also sneezes when she is upset, and drinks by sticking her paws in her water bowl and then licking the water off.
So February 19 mom woke up early and stuffed me in a carrier, rather unceremoniously I might add! I was terrified and hungry because I hadn't had anything to eat all night. Well, when I get scared, I drool...a lot! I soaked the bottom of the carrier. Before I knew it I was at the vet. Well a little while later they gave me a shot that made me go to sleep. They were only supposed to clean my teeth but when I woke up one of my teeth was gone and it hurt very badly! When mom brought me home I was still woozy from the drugs. I would try to make my body do things that I wanted it to do but my rear end just kept fishtailing back and forth. I couldn't stop moving, I just walked in circles. My rear end was wet from the catheter they made me wear. I would try to lick it but instead of cleaning myself I would do a somersault. All I knew was that my face hurt and something didn't feel right. I would keep scratching at my jaw or I would roll around on the floor trying to make my face feel better. Mom made a phone call and they must have told her that what I was doing was bad because the next thing I knew she pushed me back into the carrier and made me stay there. But it didn't tire me out like it was supposed to. Eventually she had to let me out so that I could go to the litterbox. When I was done I went back to my old ways and started rolling all over and scratching at my face. But there was no way I was going to let her put me back in that carrier. She tried but I yowled, and clawed and screamed! So instead she took me to the bathroom. Immediately I knew where I was. It is my favorite place in the whole world and it calmed me down. Mom gave me some wet food. (Usually I only get kibble) It hurt pretty badly to eat but I ate anyway, voraciously! I don't think I've ever been so hungry. After I had some food in me I curled up in a pile of mom's clothes that she left on the bathroom floor for me and finally went to sleep. I haven't really left that room for two days now but I am slowly starting to feel better. It still hurts to eat but I now will venture outside of my safe room and socialize a little bit. I don't play and I don't sit on laps just yet. Mom says that I will feel much better now. She didn't know that one of my teeth had been hurting me for a long time and now that it is gone it won't hurt me to eat anymore. The bad news is that one of my other teeth has an abscess starting and someday I might lose that tooth too. All of you take care of your teeth and get them cleaned so that you won't have to have a tooth removed. It is really no fun at all!
Here are the rules:
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats who are tagged need to write in their own diary about the seven random facts and the rules. You need to choose seven cats to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your diary!
1. I am obsessed with the bathroom. I lay in the sink, I lap at the drippy faucet, and anyone needing the bathroom either gets my permission or deals with me banging on the door demanding to know what they're doing in there!
2. If I'm not given enough attention I shred toilet paper. Most of the time the bathroom floor looks like New Orleans right after Mardi Gras...but it's not confetti!
3. I am mommy's personal trainer. When she is on the floor doing exercises I get under her raised leg. Hey if I'm under there she can't give up and put her leg down, she'd smash me! Of course I made the mistake of getting under her while she was doing sit-ups and she did smash me. I got scared and bit her scalp.
4. My favorite spot to sleep right now is in an empty cardboard box. Because of that mommy can't bear to throw it away.
5. I snore when I sleep, quite loudly actually. Mommy thinks it's funny but I still deny it. Hey I've never heard anything!
6. I chase my tail. Sometimes I run in a circle and sometimes I sit with my tail underneath me (so that I can just see the tip of my tail.) I then back up, scooting my butt on the floor, and try to catch that thing that keeps following me everywhere!
7. I am a clean freak but I'm not necessarily good at it. I always "bury" my food after I'm done eating. In other words I go through the motions I would in the litter box at my food bowl. I do that outside of the litter box too and sometimes I hit the wall of the litter box (it's covered) as if that is going to help clean up after myself. Oh well, at least I try.
The seven kitties that I would like to tag are:
Buster (In Loving Memory)
Thank you everyone for the beautiful Rosettes. You make me feel like a princess! I am glad to have made so many new friends on Catster. You know, I had quite a rough night last night. Mommy told me that she was worried when she couldn't find me, and she swore that she looked for me long and hard. She just didn't look in the one place where I actually was! So I spent all night in the garage. That is not the kind of place where a member of royalty should be sleeping. I actually had a cobweb stuck in my whiskers this morning. Can you believe that?! I was so disgusted and my dignity was bruised. But secretly I think mommy was a little glad to have a break from my annoying habit of banging on the closed bedroom door. No, I don't really want out, I just want the door open. She knows this because she has let me out. But I then just bang on the door from the other side. I am not as able to do this anymore because mom barricades the door with the box of new litter, the clothes hamper, and anything else that will keep me from waking her up all night. Ahhh, it's good to be the center of attention.