Sex: Male Weight: 10 lbs.
|Home:Elkins, WV ||[I have a diary!] |
"Flanny in Rainbow Color."
"My friend Sue's impressionist (?) painting of Flanny and Albert"
"Flanny, the red Irish cat, in the grass."
"From left to right: Flannery, Albert, Precious."
"Flanny close to his beloved piano."
"Captain Flannery of The Starship USS Chat Noir"
"The beautiful and famous Grizabella has accepted my marriage proposal. We were officially engaged on August 7, 2007."
"Captain Flannery of the Starship Chat Noir of the Furry Federation officiates at Albert and Squirty's Wedding." [See My CatsterPlus Photo Book]
Leave a treat for Flannery (RIP)
Catster stats for Flannery (RIP)
6 times 1,169
Special Gift Box:
Flanny, Red Irish Cat
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
Being in Daddy's bed
He really didn't have any
Favorite Nap Spot:
In the cat window Daddy built.
He loved to fetch milk rings.
I had always wanted a red cat and when I saw Flannery's photo in the paper --- some local businesses sponsored one animal per week who was scheduled to be executed at the pound --- I knew we just had to have him. He was a magnificant cat. Even though he was declawed (not by us, but by his previous owner), he was still able to catch birds in the yard -- we had a fenced in yard and he was allowed out with supervision. He would hold them ever so gently in his mouth and bring them to us. Most of them survived to sing another day. Flannery's previous owner must have been a piano player because every time I played the piano, he would come over and sit on the bench with me to listen. He was quite the music lover.
The group photo at the left is (from left to right): Flannery, Albert, Precious They are sitting in the cat window Daddy built for them. They really loved it so much, he built another one for another window, so all could get a chance to take the air and enjoy the outdoors from the safety of their window.
Flannery suffered from FUS and became blocked several times throughout the years. The last time it happened, we were in the process of moving and noticed too late. The vet said he would probably not survive the stress of the move, so we very reluctantly had him put to sleep. He was about 16-17 years old.
The Groups I'm In:
♥ Democats ♥, Brilliant Orange Cats Unite, Rainbow Bridge Kitties, The Furry Federation
The Last Forum I Posted In:
Mietzi's and Boots wedding and baby adoption
|Flanny's adopted son, little Sparky:|
I've Been On Catster Since:
|Flanny's sweet fiance, Grizabella:|
|October 21st 2006
||More than 6 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
for 2333 days
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
May 23rd 2007 4:55 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Tag...you're it...sort of. The game is, we have to tell 7 things about ourselves and post it on our page. We are also supposed to tag 7 new kitties to join the game.
Here are my 7 things:
1. My front paws were declawed prior to my arrival at my home. Mommy and Daddy don't believe in declawing and think it was a sinful shame for someone to do that to me because I so religiously used the scratching post --- even though I had no claws to sharpen. (If you want an animal with no claws, get a stuffed pet!)
2. I used the "catch and release" method for getting birds when I lived at a house where the back yard was fenced and cat-proofed and I was allowed to go outside. I also brought birds into the house as gifts for Mom and Dad. Many of them lived to sing another day. I was very gentle.
3. I had the most beautiful color of red fur that God ever created for an animal.
4. I had sparkling green eyes.
5. I loved Daddy the most.
6. Albert and I were bestest buddies.
7. The beautiful and famous Grizabella (at the Rainbow Bridge) is my girlfriend.
See all diary entries for Flannery (RIP)|