"Tory asleep on the old sofa."
Sex: Female Weight: 8 lbs.
|Home:Elkins, WV ||[I have a diary!] |
"My wedding picture! Thank you so much, Ms. Sam!"
"My wedding picture with my handsome husband, Ginger."
"Tory in the India basket."
"Tory on the bed."
"He said WHAT?"
"Tory on my desk."
"Tory's RBK Membership Card." [See My CatsterPlus Photo Book]
Leave a treat for Tory (RIP)
Catster stats for Tory (RIP)
9 times 1,160
Special Gift Box:
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
Tory loved being with her Mommy
Being kept out of any room
Favorite Nap Spot:
Anywhere in the sunshine
She was very docile and sweet
Tory was my first cat as an adult. I was coming home from college one day and saw a sign at an old farm that said "FREE KITTENS." Even though my husband (at that time) was not an animal person, we lived in a house in the woods and had a few field mice that invaded from time to time. Although he balked at the idea of having an animal --- he liked to be free to just pick up and go at a moment's notice and thought an animal would tie us down --- he grew to be fond of Tory because she was such a sweet kitty. I picked Tory out instead of her brothers and sisters because she was laying beside her Mommy instead of romping and playing like the others were.
At age 13, Tory developed breast cancer, and we had her operated on. The operation was horrendous and she took such a long time to recover and I knew she was in a lot of pain. We gave her radiation treatments at the University of Pennsylvania and she was cancer free for three more years. When she got another lump in her breast, we decided not to operate again because she was so old and weak by this time. I didn't want to put her through another operation and series of radiation treatments, which had left her so weak the first time she had them. When she could no longer eat or enjoy life, we had to put her to sleep. She was such a sweet girl and I still miss her sometimes, even though she has been gone a very long time.
Sweet and Docile
The Groups I'm In:
♥ Democats ♥, Rainbow Bridge Kitties, The Furry Federation
The Last Forum I Posted In:
Memorial service for Fela Kiti 4:00 pm PST 7/19/09
I've Been On Catster Since:
|My sweet boyfriend at the Bridge, Ginger:|
|October 20th 2006
||More than 6 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
for 2332 days
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
July 6th 2007 3:48 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I have been tagged by my sweet friend, Tabby.
Here are the rules:
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats who are tagged need to write in their own diaries about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven cats to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your diary!
1. I lived in four different homes --- the farm where I came from, in a little stone house in the woods in Collegeville, PA, in a red brick house in Royersford, PA, and in a Victorian painted lady in Pottstown, PA. For a creature famous for not liking change, I think I adapted pretty well to FOUR moves!! That's because I am the sweetest, calmest, most docile kitty Mom has ever had.
2. I have a wonderful boyfriend at the Bridge. His name is Ginger and he comes from Canada.
3. I was a bridescat in my brother Albert's wedding to the beautiful Squirty from Texas.
4. I was an excellent mouser in our Collegeville house because there were plenty of little field mice in the woods!
5. I tried to learn Spanish when Mom was studying it in college, but alas.....I do know that our kind is called "gato" in Spanish. That's worth something, isn't it?
6. Mommy used to call me her little "rose".
7. My earthly remains are buried in the woods on Rattlesnake Hill near Boyertown, PA.
I am tagging:
Kate the Shrew
PS If you don't want to play, it's OK. We know this can be time-consuming!
See all diary entries for Tory (RIP)|