Turkish Angora
Picture of Jasmine, a female Turkish Angora

Photo Comments

Home:Western, NC  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 12 Years   Sex: Female   Weight: 10 lbs.

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (2)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Jasmine

Jaz, Jazzy

Kitty Complexion:
sleepyvery active
not curiousvery curious
not vocalvery vocal

Quick Bio:
-purebred-cat rescue

August 23rd 2003


Head and chin skritches. She also loves to swat at anyone that walks past her.

Being barked at by her doggie siblings.

Favorite Toy:
Catnip toys

Favorite Nap Spot:
On the dining chairs under the table

Favorite Food:
Kit N Kaboodle

She will tackle a shin and comes very close to tripping the person she has tackled.


Arrival Story:
Jasmine was found on petfinder.com. She was at an all-cat rescue called Catman2. We saw her picture and fell in love. She came into our lives on August 23, 2006, 2 months after our Maine Coon, Kalli went to the Bridge. Jasmine was supposedly an owner surrender but her actions indicate that she is/was scared of humans. She has been with us for 6 weeks now and has just started to act like she is getting comfortable around us. At first she avoided all human contact like the plague. Like a cat who has lived in the wild, she is gradually learning to accept pets and loving. She also wouldn't get on the furniture. She has now taken over the doggy bed, will get on the couch, and steals the doggy pillows sometimes. She still will not get in a lap but she will get on the couch next to you. She will accept pets and loving but usually only for a minute or two and then she is off.

Jasmine has been with us for about 9 weeks and is now getting in my lap sometimes. She has also started getting up on our bed but usually only if no one is in it. She's started playing more and loves to run through the house. She is very aware when anyone gets up (day or night) and if they are heading for the kitchen, she will join them.

Lives Remaining:
8 of 9

Forums Motto:
Hah! Gotcha!

The Last Forum I Posted In:

Birthday: August 23, 2003

I've Been On Catster Since:
September 13th 2006 More than 9 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family
Dusty (3/11/98
- 8/13/12)
11/1/1994 -
Oreo (6/16/99
- 9/30/11)
(7/4/1995 -
Kalli (5/16/03
- 6/17/06)
(7/20/94 -

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

All about me

Looking back over my first year with my family

August 20th 2007 1:28 pm
[ View A Comments ]

Wow! Time has really passed quickly. On August 23rd, I will celebrate my "Gotcha Day" with my FOREVER family. Looking back, mommy, daddy and I can't believe how far I've come in the past year.

My first week was almost spent entirely under mommy and daddy's bed. I snuck out to eat and potty only when it was very dark and everyone was asleep. I didn't care that there were 3 dogs and another cat living here. I tried to just ignore them. One of the dogs, Cinnamon (she's an angel now), was really cool. She shared under the bed with me but didn't bug me. Dusty and Oreo (Oreo had only been in the family for about 2 months) would stick their heads under the bed and bark at me. I figured out later that they just wanted to get to know me. The other cat, Cricket (also an angel now), left me alone and never did hiss or spit at me. Mommy and daddy let me stay hidden for several days then they decided it was time for me to meet everyone. They teamed up against me and managed to get me out from under the bed and into the main living area. They had all the doors closed so I really couldn't hide. They left me alone but talked to me a lot. I did finally decide that it was ok to sleep on the couch and if mommy or daddy sat in my spot, I would get up beside them and let them pet me. After several months, I even purred for the first time.

I gradually started going up to mommy and talking to her even if she wasn't in my spot on the couch. I would even race her to the bed when she turned off the lights at night. I didn't hide under the bed any more but I would lay beside her for about 5 minutes then I would go and guard the house for the rest of the night. If someone headed to the kitchen, I would race them and ask to be fed. My food and litter box are on top of the washer and dryer because Dusty loves "kitty crunchies" and with his epilepsy, he can't eat just any food. I got very good at getting someone to pick me up and put me up with my food instead of having to jump up myself. I started batting at anyone that would dare to walk past me. I even managed to trip mommy a few times. She never fell but I got her good. Mommy calls me her 'boxer' kitty. One time I was helping mommy and daddy put the sheets back on the bed. Mommy turned around and I boxed her right in the middle of her back with both front paws! She laughed.

A year later I now act as if I have been with my family for every one of my estimated 4 years. I'm still a bit shy of men and I will hide if someone new comes to visit but Cricket did that too and she was with our family for 11 1/2 years before going to the Bridge. I've come a long way from being the shy, almost wild, cat that I was a year ago. I love being held and petted and I LOVE ear skritches. I still don't sleep up on the bed with mommy, daddy, Dusty and Oreo but I will visit at bedtime and if mommy gets up in the middle of the night. I let the dogs have the doggy beds in the daytime but at night they are mine. I play with toys. I whap the dogs and humans. I demand attention.

I'm a cat. That's my job.


Momma says I've come a long way

November 12th 2006 2:29 pm
[ View A Comments ]

When I woke up on the morning of August 23, 2006, I never knew my life was going to change forever. That was the day that I was adopted from the rescue where I was left. I had been there a few weeks and supposedly my owner surrendered me.

I was very shy and timid. I didn't want to do anything but hide in my litter box. Then these 2 strange people came into the room where I was and took me out of my box. They held and petted me. All I wanted was to be put back in my box. I tried ignoring them. I tried smacking them. I tried to run away from them. Nothing worked! Then they carried me out to the man who ran the place. He put a fancy pink thing around my neck. It really was pretty but I wasn't going to admit that! I was put in a jail and carried out to a thing that looked like a box on wheels but they called it a car. We rode for a long time and I cried the entire time. I was trying to tell them they had the wrong cat. I was scared because last time I had been in a car, I was left at a house full of cats.

We finally stopped and the man carried my jail to a different house. We went inside and the woman opened the door to my jail. Do you know what I saw?? I was suddenly surrounded by DOGS and they were all trying to sniff in my jail and get in it with me! I was not a happy camper! They finally moved away from my jail and I walked out. I checked out the place trying to figure how to get away when I saw another cat! She hissed at me then went and hid. I didn't have to be hit over the head to figure it out. If she was going to hide, so was I because this must not be a safe place! So I ran under a big bed and stayed there the rest of the day, that night, and most of the next day. The dogs kept checking to see if I was still there but I just swatted at them. I did not come out from under that bed so the 2 humans decided to come in after me. 2 against 1. Is that fair?? They did get me out and held me for a while. They showed me the food and the litter box. What did I do? I hid in the litter box!

For about a week I either hit under the bed or in the litter box. The humans would talk to me and hold me but I didn't really want to be held. Gradually though I realized these humans weren't going to hurt me and the other animals weren't either. I started staying in the living room more but now I was hiding on the dining chairs.

Little by little I would stay out in the open for a bit longer at a time until I was no longer hiding. I still didn't want to be held for long but those ear skritches really did feel good.

I've been with my new family for almost 12 weeks now. I steal my momma's chair when she gets out of it so that she has to pick me up and hold me if she wants to sit back down. I get on the couch with her and sometimes I will get up on the bed with her too. I know that my new daddy won't hurt me but I still run away from him most of the time. If I am laying on the floor and someone walks past me, I reach out and swat at them. Now I'm doing it for attention instead of trying to scare them away. If someone gets up and I think they are heading for the kitchen, I race after them to see if they are getting food for me.

Momma says I've come a long way in these 12 weeks and, for some reason, I don't think she means that long car ride. I like it here and I think I'll stay a while.

See all diary entries for Jasmine