Photo Comments Sex: Male Weight: 9 lbs.
Leave a treat for Figaro - we miss you
Catster stats for Figaro - we miss you
11 times 470
Special Gift Box:
Fig, Figgy, Figgums, Mr. Figs, Mooshie Fooshie
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
January 15th 2000
Gray and White
Lounging in the sun. I especially loved it when Dad held me up to the sun streaming in the window. Having Mom pet me and tell me how cute I am. :)
When Tuxedo (my brother) would try to get romantic with ME! (Can you believe it! I would beat him up when he tried to put the moves on me!)
Wow, there are so many to choose from. Anything small and in my grasp became my toy and I would swat it furiously around the house!
Favorite Nap Spot:
Any sunny spot in the house (where the sun went, I followed)
Some of my favorites are Boars Head Honey Turkey and beef flavored baby food - special treats!
I would play fetch and meow at my parents to get them to throw the "ball" for me, I was Fantastic at chasing that long furry thing that kept following me and would tumble down the stairs and turn somersaults in corners to get it...never did catch it.
My brothers and sisters and I were rescued by a nice lady who took us to her house and cared for us. One day she took my brother and I to a new house. Man, I loved it! I walked all over the place like I owned it. My brother was scared though, and stuck close to the nice lady. I guess I did something right that day because I got to stay at that home!
Figaro was a very special cat, and this serves as a tribute to him. He will always be my sweet little mooshie fooshie, and I miss him so very much. Fig captured my heart from the very beginning, from the moment he strutted around the house. He had the softest fur ever, I'm convinced to this day that he was part rabbit, it really was that soft. His toy fetching and tail chasing antics brought smiles and laughter to everyone who saw him. And of course, he was just soooooo very cute. I would tell him daily how adorable he was (and he loved to hear it). He would cuddle up under the covers at night in a cute little kitty ball. And when he got in trouble and was scolded by Dad and I was upstairs in bed, he would FLY up the stairs and run to me for protection - I would melt every time. He had the cutest, sweetest little meow and would greet me with it when I entered a room. Soooo many wonderful memories of my dear little kitty, they will be with me always. He crossed over the Rainbow Bridge on Feb. 17, 2006, just shy of 6 years old, after a heroic battle with heart disease. He had an enlarged heart (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) that just couldn't function properly anymore despite various medications that he took on a daily basis. He was a brave little soul, our miracle kitty. Even the vets said so when his body somehow cleared a life threatening clot in his heart. Unfortunately, more clots followed a few months later. It was too much for his little body. He waited for us to come see him at the vet before he passed, my sweet baby was barely hanging on when we got there. I still tear up whenever I think about it....But, like all the kitties who have made their way over the Rainbow Bridge, I know that he is now happy and playing with a perfect heart, free from any discomfort. I am so blessed to have had him in my life, and will always treasure the countless wonderful memories he gave me.
Sweet Mushy Kitty
The Groups I'm In:
♥ =^..^= 4 The Love of Cats =^..^= ♥, =^..^=Angel Cats=^..^=, Gray is Grey-t!, Long lost twins!, Rainbow Bridge Kitties, The Kitties' Club (TKC), ^*^Over The Rainbow^*^, ^^^Angels from above^^^
The Last Forum I Posted In:
SIMBA'S 19th Birthday party FIESTA!
I've Been On Catster Since:
|Help our Shelter Animals:|
|August 30th 2006
||More than 6 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
November 14th 2006 9:32 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Hello! I hope no one is too freaked out that I am writing from the Rainbow Bridge. But when I read these instructions, I just HAD to share them!
HOW TO GIVE A CAT A PILL
1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of 10.
5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.
6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, holding front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat's head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with its head just visible from below spouse's armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12. Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.
13. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Force cat's mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour a pint of water down throat to wash pill down.
14. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room; sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Stop by furniture shop on way home to order new table.
15. Arrange for vet to make a house call.
16. Get vet to make house call; vet wraps cat in towel, cradles it upside down on one arm, administer pill with other hand and says "There, see how easy that was?"
from the moggycat website
See all diary entries for Figaro - we miss you|