Blazer (itty bitty angel baby)

Domestic Medium Hair
Picture of Blazer (itty bitty angel baby), a female Domestic Medium Hair

Photo Comments

Home:Palm Bay, FL  
Sex: Female   Weight: 6 lbs.

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Blazer (itty bitty angel baby)

Blazer Baby, Peanut, itty bitty Blazer Baby

Kitty Complexion:
sleepyvery active
not curiousvery curious
not vocalvery vocal

Sun Sign:
Rainbow Bridge
Quick Bio:
-cat rescue

Gotcha Date:
October 20th 1993

Black and White

Drinking from the bathroom sink or pool fountain (BIG 'no no!)', the sound of her own voice, sleeping in her mommy's or daddy's arms and hanging out "outside" in the screened porch

Being chased by her adoptive sisfur Tootsie

Favorite Toy:
Catnip stuffed carrot and special gray catnip mice from her Aunt Diane!

Favorite Nap Spot:
On the back of our black leather sectional or on a towel on the table in front of our bedroom window

Favorite Food:
Ice cream, shakes, yougurt, hamburger, chicken, cheese...dinner time is so much fun!

Turning on the kitty charm! Everyone who meets her adores her!


Arrival Story:
When I was 17, my mother and I had to go to the pet store to get some supplies for our 3 cats, and we of course we just HAD to stop by the cat section! In their glass enclosed cat room, we noticed a mother cat feeding her kittens, except for one who did not look like the others. She was much smaller, sitting alone in a corner of the enclosure, and she looked rather scrawny. The pet store owner said that she had been found in a puddle outside of a local gas station, and one of the workers brought her to them. Well that was all we needed to hear! We "adopted" her immediately (or should I say, we purchased her). We brought her home, and soon discovered that she was VERY sick and we honestly didn't think she would make it. She was only 6 weeks old, and we had to bottle feed her. Because of that motherly connection, she has never grown up; she still loves to snuggle and lie on your chest, just to feel your heart beat, and each time she does so, she simply melts my heart and I still get a tear in my eye!

Our "Blazer Baby" is now 15 years old, but she will forever be our baby! We nearly lost her in February, 2006 when she needed emergency surgery to fix a case of pyloric stenosis. She was continually throwing up and it was due to the hardening of her stomach tissues. The vets weren't sure if she would recover, she was failing to thrive after surgery in their cage. I had to beg them to let her come home to my husband and I, and for a couple of days, they were adamant that she could not. Since she was not eating and was barely awake, she was not stable to go home. I pleaded that she needed to be at home with us, and if she were not to make it, I would rather her pass at home with us, not in a lonely metal cage Eventually, despite their warnings, they reluctantly released her back to us. That first night home was touch and go, but as she slowly realized she was home, she came around and started to slowly eat again! I'm sure she was afraid to eat, since before her surgery, any time she ate or drank, she had thrown up! I'm Sooo happy to say she is just as healthy as before!

Forums Motto:
Forever our Blazer Baby!

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Forever our Blazer Baby

Blazer has found the Rainbow Bridge:
Blazer fought valiantly, but succumbed to her fire related injuries on Monday March 9, 2009. Our house exploded in the pre-dawn hours of Saturday March 7th 2009, and among the falling ceiling and walls, we could not find our darling Blazer. I fought to find her, even running back into the fire, but my husband had to drag me out of the house. We managed to make it out just before the next set of explosions, but she remained behind. I thought she was already gone, and I started screaming and hyperventilating. A couple of hours later, the Fire Chief allowed us closer to the house while they were still controlling the fire, and while we were standing next to my husband's truck parked near the street, answering his questions, there she was! Somehow, Blazer managed to literally walk through the fire, and meet us in the front yard next to her daddy's truck, covered in severe burns, soot and debris from the house. But she was alive! A police officer heard my screams for help, and he ran to us, took one look at her, and offered to take her with one of us to the closest animal emergency hospital (it was 5am or so) which was more than 30 minutes away. We both could not be with her, because they were investigating the fire and needed an official statement, so I asked my husband to go, because I knew if she had died on the way to he hospital, I would have lost it. The police officer took my husband, and our darling Blazer to the animal emergency, and drove with his blue lights on, to ensure she got there as soon as possible! After what seemed an eternity, my husband called me, saying that after arguing with the staff at the hospital (they wanted some form of payment up front, despite the fact we were covered in insulation, soot, and other debris, barefoot and in our sleep clothes...we lost all forms of ID, cash, and credit cards!) the police officer stepped up, demanded that they take her, informing them that he just drove us from the fire that took everything we had except for her! I will forever be grateful to this man! We visited her later that day (still Saturday), she was still alive and awake! She was on a lot of medications, and had IV lines coming out of her little paws, but she picked her head up when I arrived, and I tried to pat her as gently as I could! She was so burned, I was afraid of hurting her, but she did not seem to care, Momma was there! I was so relieved, she knew me, and I thought maybe things would be OK after all! I took some pictures of her, so I could document her journey of healing, so I thought. (BTW, my cell phone was the only thing I found in the house before escaping, and even that was buried in a mountain of insulation). Sunday, she was still holding her own, and she again, pulled her weak little body close to the cage to nuzzle into my fingers poking through the cage. I had gained so much hope, my miracle girl was going to make it! I didn't want to leave, but we had to return to the debris of the house, and look for our other cat, Tootsie, who we saw escape into the woods, and to dig through the rubble to see what, if anything, we could salvage. Monday, March 9th was to be a very busy day. Since the fire occurred on a Saturday, we had gone all weekend without ID, or access to our bank. We only had money we were given by the Red Cross. All I wanted to do was go to the hospital, but we had to get our licenses, new bank cards, credit cards, call the insurance companies, etc. Blazer was doing well, and there was no urgency to get there (although in my heart, there was a strong urgency to be with her!) We finally got there, and were given good news, she was doing so well, we could take her home! I was shocked! I feared it was much too early to discharge her, as much as I wanted her to come home, she was just taken out of the oxygen cage, and still had IVs. I told them I didn't feel comfortable taking her home yet. So they took her out of the cage, and carried her to us on a pillow, like a little princess! We were in a private visiting room, and got to spend time with her on my lap!! I will never forget it, it was not enough that she was on my lap, Blazer pulled herself up, and crawled closer to me, and gave me the BIGGEST head-butt into my chest that her weakened little wobbly body could muster up, and then she nuzzled in. Mark and I started laughing and crying like crazy! She was back, Blazer was Blazer! The next thing that happened should have warned me, but being blinded with hope and sheer joy, I could only see the good...Blazer peed all over my lap. As a nurse, my first thought was 'Yes, her kidneys are working! Even greater news!' but I would later learn, it was the beginning of the end for my girl. Since I was now covered in pee, and my heart full of joy, we gave her back to the vet tech so I could go home and clean up. We continued to laugh and cry tears of happiness. We were staying at my brother in law's house, and I remember that shower...I was smiling and crying tears of happiness...I was thinking "finally, something GOOD was happening!" After I got out of the shower, I checked my cell phone, and saw not one, not two, but THREE missed calls from the animal hospital, and I thought I was going to faint. I called for Mark, but he was on the "land line" with the insurance company. I called the vet, and was put on hold. That was the longest minute of my life. I couldn't help but assume the worst, but yet, told myself that maybe it was an update with more good news! He came to the phone and said that just after we had left, Blazer had started to take a sudden turn for the worse. I told them we were on our way. With my hair still soaking wet, I cried to Mark we had to get back to the vet. We ran to the truck, and drove the long drive back (which on a Monday afternoon, would be closer to 45 minutes). I called my mother and my aunt, to ask for their prayers, because we could not lose our baby, not now! 15 minutes later, my phone showed that the hospital was calling again. The one call I was praying never to receive. We were too late, Blazer had crossed the Bridge. Mark had to pull the truck over on the side of the road, because he too was crying, and pounding the steering wheel. Why had we left her? Why didn't I know she was passing only an hour earlier? Why weren't we there? Why did she survive the fire...improve to the point the vets were going to release her, only for her to die? After gaining minimal composure, we continued the trip to the hospital to see our baby. We were again, waiting in that room where just an hour before, we were at the heights of happiness of hope holding her, and now we were going to say "goodbye Blazer Baby". The tech had her swaddled in a blanket, and she handed her to me, and as she did, I swear on any Bible, Blazer let out one last purr! I screamed "She's not dead, she purred, she's alive!" but of course, she wasn't. Even though she had gone to the Bridge, Blazer managed to save one last "I Love You Mommy and Daddy" for us! We stayed for hours, just holding her. I never wanted to let her go, if I could have stayed in that room holding her sweet body forever, I would have! My arms ached, but I did not care! I promised her, she would ALWAYS be in in my heart. To honor that promise, I wear a heart shaped photo locket with her (and Tootsie's) photos on my chest every day. She WAS my daughter, after 15 years, she will ALWAYS be a part of me, and I am so proud that she had the strength to walk through the fire to a safe place, so we could have a few more moments with her. She is FOREVER OUR BLAZER BABY! <3 <3="<3">

I've Been On Catster Since:
July 26th 2006 More than 10 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family
(Bravest angel
of all)

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends