Korat/Breed Unknown
Picture of Shadow, a female Korat/Breed Unknown

Photo Comments

Home:McAllen, a  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 10 Years   Sex: Female   Weight: 5 lbs.

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Shadow

Shadowgirl, Baby, Goober, Booger, Shadooooowwwww!

Kitty Complexion:
sleepyvery active
not curiousvery curious
not vocalvery vocal

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:
-disabled -cat rescue

April 10th 2006


Icecream, her blankie we call mimi, and watching mommy cook

Deuce, Deuce, and Deuce.

Favorite Toy:
Her Crazy Country Catnip, and crocheted string which she wears on her head!

Favorite Nap Spot:
Anywhere her blankie is, or anywhere beside mommy.

Favorite Food:
Ice cream and EVERYTHING else. Seriously this cat eats EVERYTHING!

She is a little slow do to an attack by another animal... that makes her special.


Arrival Story:
As I arrived home from work one evening I came to find my sister sitting on the couch with a face on her like she'd done something wrong. I looked at her and said, "What did you do now?" Expecting something like 'I lost your jewelry' or 'I broke something', she just smiled and looked at the box sitting next to her on the floor. I immediately knew she'd brought home an animal. What kind and what condition it was in is still to be determined. Cautiously I opened the box to see the sweetest little face looking up at me. She was so dirty and a little bloody do to an attack by another animal. I immediately went into caretaker mode and fed her, cleaned her, etc. Needless to say my sister wanted to keep her and take her to her house. Too late. My heart was touched and the rest is history.

Because of the animal attack that she endured, Shadow has a permanently broken arm. It is broken right at her elbow which is pretty much the worst place for a bad break. Surgery to repair her could cost no less than $800.00 and easily into the thousands. Needless to say I am unable to do the surgery. She has already gone back for her follow up x-rays and the vet said she has healed great. She will probably have arthritis as she grows old but we will cross that bridge later. I am just glad that Shadow is doing well and isn't in pain any more. I am also quite upset that the procedure to correct her break is so expensive. The vet actually told me it would be cheaper to amputate. Can you believe that?!? Rather than fixing the problem it is easier and more cost effective to cut it off. The same is true for most human procedures too. What can we do? Where are all the bleeding hearts?

Lives Remaining:
6 of 9

Forums Motto:
I've a right to Grouchiness!!!

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Haiku Game

Shadow suffers from feline epilepsy. Our vet said it is probably due to some neurological damage she incurred during the attack she went through. She takes medication to control her seizures but occasionally has one. It is an absolutely heartbreaking thing to watch. She doesn't deserve the hand she's been dealt but then again who would? I am constantly looking for new information on feline seizures since they are so uncommon. Do you know anything or experienced this before?

Seizure Log:
March 18th 4:30 am, (didn't keep record updated, multiple seizures) October 1st 6:15 a.m./ Septemeber 1st 12:30 pm/ August 31st 5:30 pm/July 4th, 2007 All Day/ June 30, 2007 10:30 am/ June 25, 2007 9am-5 p.m./June 20, 2007 3:30 pm/ June 12, 2007 12:00 am/ June 11, 2007 2:00 am/ May 29, 2007 9:30 am, 11:30 pm/

One Happy Kitty Family!:
Cool Slideshows


I've Been On Catster Since:
July 24th 2006 More than 10 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

Shadow: Not Too Far to Walk

4:30 am

March 18th 2008 9:32 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

So the seizure monster decided to show it's ugly face again. This time it got me at about 4:30 this morning. I was down stairs sleeping on the couch and mommy heard me fall to the floor. She woke up and ran down stairs to find me seizing on the hard wood floor. Last time I had a seizure here I ripped out my back toe nail so she picked me up and took me over to the carpet holding me and petting me. She was talking to me and letting me know that I would be okay. It was a pretty nasty one. I drooled alot and peed as well. After I came to I stumbled around and gobbled down a fresh bowl of food as usual.

Mommy doesn't like it when I sleep down stair because she can't get to me quick enough. I am at home resting now. Hopefully I will do well while mommy and daddy are at work.

*purrs and headbonks*



Nobody was home...

October 12th 2007 8:53 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

I had another seizure yesterday... but nobody was home. Mommy and daddy were both at work by 9:00 so it was just Deuce, Phoenix, and I. Mommy got home about 4:30ish and when I strolled downstairs to greet her she picked me up to find that all the fur on my right side was hard and matted. She put her nose close to me to see if she could smell what is was and she did. It was my peepee. She hugged me tight and said that she was sorry I had another visit from the seizure monster. Then she fed me my favorite snack and walked around the house to find out where it happened. When she came to the bottom of the stairs she could see smudge marks in a circular form on the wood floor. She knew that it happened right there but got on her knees to check. Just like she had put her nose close to me she put it close to the floor and smelt. Yep, my peepee again. Then she got up and began cleaning the mess I made. I sat just a few feet from her and watched. I felt bad knowing that I was the cause if her current situation. But I know she loves me and knows I can't help it.

Mommy thinks it was another pretty bad seizure because there was quite a mess to clean. I normally don't make that much of a mess unless the seizure monster is being extra cruel to me. Mommy hates it when she isn't home to help me fight it away. She's scared that she may come home to me one day and find that the seizure monster has finally won. Everyday we pray that won't happen.

So, because of the mess I made on the floor and myself mommy had to give me a bath. YECK! I HATE BATHS! I was growling and trying to get away. Mommy didn't have too hard of a time though because Iwas still pretty weak from my seizure. Once I was all cleaned up I ran around the house licking and shaking myself. Why do they want me to smell like flowers? I'd rather smell like dirt!! Well, because I got a bath mommy only saw it fair that the other two, Deuce and Phoenix, get one too. I enjoy watching them get baths. I secretly laugh inside myself. HAHA!! j/k. I don't. But I should. They pick on me alot. Anyways.. just another day..



It was a bad one...

October 3rd 2007 3:33 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Well, the seizure monster strikes again!! Unfortunately, Monday morning I gave mommy a rude awakening with my attack. She sat up straight in bed because she heard my growling and claws digging into the carpet. She ran to my side the moment she figured out what was going on. The seizure was definitely stronger than most and lasted a little longer too. It seemed like it was harder for me to gain control. Normally after about 30 seconds I begin to get my wits about me and fight against it but this time I just couldn't. Mommy was trying to hold me in one spot so that I wouldn't run into the wall. I scratched her a few times which I feel bad about but I couldn't help it. (sorry mommy) I peed on the carpet and all over mommy and myself. Afterwards it took me longer to be able to walk around. Normally I walk around just a couple minutes after but this time I layed on my side a few minutes longer and began trying to walk. My front legs seemed to work better than my back legs. I was laying on my side and was moving my front legs as if walking but my back legs were stationary. That was strange. Finally, when I got up to walk around I bumped into things as usually and did my howling. I was yelling at that dang seizure monster to "LEAVE ME ALOOONE!!" He better hear me! I didn't scarf down my food as usual either. As a matter of fact I hardly ate anything at all until sun up. Usually, I have a monstrous appetite after and eat everything in my bowl. Not this time. Hmm...

Also, last week I had my phenobarb levels checked. I was really grouchy at the vet. Dr. Mitchell said she's never seen me in such a bad mood. Mommy had to take me to the vet because I fell from the top landing on the second floor into the living room. It was a pretty hard hit which scared mommy alot but luckily the x-rays revealed everything well. No breaks, fractures, or dislocations. Phew! I was just a little soar so Dr. Mitchell gave me some Metacam and sent me home. What an eventfull couple weeks. While I was at the vet mommy thought it was a good idea that my phenobarb levels be checked so they drew blood which made me even grouchier! Thank the Good Lord that my level was at .9 parts per million which is well below the therapeutic range but as long as the phenobarb is working Dr. Mitchell said there is no reason to increase my dose yet.

YAAAYYY!! I am doing well. My grouchiness comes and goes and mommy tries her best to show me how much I am loved. I know I will get even better with time. Keep purring!!!

*purrs and headbonks*


See all diary entries for Shadow