August 19th 2013 6:06 pm
[ View A Comments (3) ]
So Methimazole ear ointment is NOT my friend!! I started the ear gel last Monday night instead of the pills. By Wed I had some ear and face wounds and started to get bumps (large) on my ears! The Vet said I was having an allergic reaction to the compound used to make Methimazole into a gel. With pills usually if a cat has a reaction, it happens within a few days. I was fine with the pills just HATED mom shoving them down my cute face.
So I've been on Benadril for 3 days and I'm getting better. Mom is going to do the pills again soon to see if I have a reaction.
She might do the radio cat (radiation more or less) shot for me as it's a one time deal.
EVIL EVIL Methimazole!!! I looked, as mom put it not so gently, "looked like a hot mess".
I hope you get better soon from your allergic reaction. My sisfur Taylor took liquid methimazole compounded at a local pharmacy because she could not tolerate pills. They made chicken or tuna flavored liquid! :) Maybe there's a compounding pharmacy near you?
Yikes! That stinks.
Ohhhh poor Boogie! So sorry you had problems with the ear gel. I still run from it every night after all these years. Radio cat is probably the best option as it is a one time cure. Some how I think the allergic reaction has something to do with Nurse Pansy. I just feel it in my old bones.....