Close X


A Day in the Life of Willow

Life and Death:August 25, 2000-December 24,2009

January 8th 2010 2:36 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

After a long battle with Diabetes and Liver Disease and Anemia...from May 2009...I succumed to my illness and my mother had to make the hardest decision ever and it came at the worst time ever...Christmas Eve!!!
December 22, 2009: I collapsed and could no longer get up and mom was faced with the inevitable choice of putting me to rest...especially since I refused to let go of her and pass on myself. Grandma asked mom to wait an extra day, so she could come home and say goodbye, so mom took care of me like an infant, with diapers and tube feedings, until that frightful afternoon.
December 24, 2009: Grandma arrived home from out of town, from visiting family at 2:45 that afternoon and the Doctor arrived shortly after at 3pm. Everything was so quick, but mom kept her word and held me and caressed my face and spoke to me, while the Doctor took away my pain.
Mom is hanging in there, but she misses me dearly and I miss her too, where ever I am...She asked me to come back to her and if I can find a way, I am sure I will...Love is a bond not easily broken.


January 29-February 17, 2009

February 9th 2009 8:45 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom went away on vacation to visit aunty Cass and her cats in Italy, but unfortunately grandma got sick and had to go to the hospital and is now there for a long time and she was to take care of me and Navar while mom was away, so aunty Sylvia took Navar home with her, because he need insulin twice a day, but now I am so stressed, because I am all alone and no one is at home with me and I have been alone for 4 days with a dirty litter box, no wet food, just a dish of dry kibbles that ran out and no fresh water and no love and mom is worrying about me everyday she is gone and wishes she could come home to me, even though she is having a nice visit it Italy. I look so forward to her return, because I miss her and Navar....Mom doesn't know what to do. Aunty Sylvia doesn't want to come here often to take care of me, because it is on the other side of the city, but I need care and food and water and a clean toilet and the fact that no one has been here in 4 days really has mom freaked out...she is ready to pay for a plane ticket home sooner, but doesn't have the money to do that and has to wait out the week for her vacation to end. It has been a rough 10 days for me and I can't wait for my mommy to come home to me!!!!


November 1, 2006

November 1st 2006 3:05 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Yesterday was Halloween and Mom dressed up as a black cat. I am so jealous of my brother, that mom chose to be black like him and not white like me.

She also gave me a new nickname, she has started calling me Olive Rider, because last night she dropped an sliced olive and it fell on my back and went for a ride while I walked around the house, until she noticed it. This is the second time that this has happened. Funny how the olives seem to be attracted to me, when she drops them.


October 17

October 17th 2006 2:35 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom got this new camera phone and took lots of pictures of me and my brother, but only 2 made it to the big leagues. What do you think of my spotted nose? mom calls me cow nose, because of it.

  Sort By Oldest First

Willow Pipkyn Cownose


Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)