Namir - In Loving Memory

Picture of Namir - In Loving Memory, a male Bengal

Photo Comments

Home:Portland, a  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Male   Weight: 17 lbs.

My Videos [See My Video Book]

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Namir - In Loving Memory

Nam Nam, Numnuts, Nami, Meatball, Buta, He who runs like buffalo

Kitty Complexion:
sleepyvery active
not curiousvery curious
not vocalvery vocal

Sun Sign:
Rainbow Bridge
April 6th 1998

Seal-Lynx Point

Licking his Numnuts as well as plastic bags and going for walks outside on his harness

When we whistle or talk to the bird, dog slobber

Favorite Toy:
Feather, dragon claw and 3-pronged battery-operated massager

Favorite Nap Spot:
Any box, upstairs in the sun on top of the boxes

Favorite Food:
Tuna, chicken

Use to open the old fridge,


Forums Motto:
Missed every day

The Groups I'm In:
Bengal Cats, Coping With A Cat That Has Cancer, Feline Lymphoma

I've Been On Catster Since:
July 13th 2006 More than 10 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family
LaviGandalf the

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends


Thank you!

May 26th 2009 12:16 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Thank you all for the gifts and notes of support. I am doing well at the bridge. Mom knows she was able to help me avoid any more pain but she is still very sad. It is a good thing she took all those pictures of me. She gets to look at them whenever she thinks of me now.



Crossed peacefully

May 21st 2009 5:27 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

After almost 18 months since his lymphoma diagnosis, Namir crossed the rainbow bridge today with his dignity in tact.

I could tell he was becoming more and more uncomfortable with his arm this week and it started to get infected. His paw swelled up again and the tumors were growing around his wrist. Besides the smell, it was easy to ignore his symptoms because they were not visible when looking straight at him. But when you lifted his arm, it looked like something from another planet.

Namir was a trooper and it was not evident how bad off he was until the past 24 hours. He did have a very good day yesterday and went for a long walk, ate a lot and spent a lot of time with me. As the evening went on he choose to stay in the basement (very unusual) and I even felt the need to give him some pain meds because he didn't look so good. I did not know what I was going to see when I woke up. Although he was still downstairs, he was happy to see me and even walked to me and purred. I spent some time with him and gave him his favorite treats. I then decided I did not want him to suffer more than he already had and from this point he was not going to get better.

Since we had a standing appt with the vet, my husband called to make sure it was good timing for them. Once the decision was made, I had 7 hours to enjoy him. I sat with him for a while and then went to my craft table in the basement to be near him and to finish a little book I was working on of him. He even came to me and jumped on the table like he always did. After a while I took a shower and to my joy and surprise he had come up the stairs. My heart jumped when I opened the bathroom door and he was looking at me. So we went to the recliner (where I have spent most nights this week sleeping with him), sat down and watched a movie with him in my arms. He snuggled for 3 hours. After that we went out into the beautiful sunny day with him in his harness and strolled around a bit with the dog. We came inside and he slept in the sun in one of his spots.

Since the vet is only 4 blocks away, we decided the best thing for him would be to walk there. He really started to hate the car, so I am glad I did not have to put him through that today. He enjoyed the walk and we did carry him some of the way. Once at the vet's office, my husband went in and settled everything while Namir and I walked around a bit outside and even met some nice folks that dotted all over him. When it was time, we walked right into the room.

Since this is my first time doing anything like this, I was relieved how peaceful the process was. I snuggled with him through the whole thing.

He was a big goof ball who filled each and every day we had together with love and lots of drool. I am so grateful for this past year we had together. Even the vets are surprised he lasted this long.

It is so hard to think of even waking up without him but I know I was so lucky to have him for as long as I did.

Thanks again for all of your support and advice. It really helped us.

Lots of purrs and drool.
Namir and Leigh


Today is my birthday!!

April 6th 2009 12:29 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I am 11 today! Woohoo.
Mom is very excited that I am feeling well. It is amazing outside so we took a little stroll in the backyard. I have tons of sun filtering in the house. If only she would give me more fish flakes...
Besides my "gross" arm, I am doing well.

Have a fantastic day!

See all diary entries for Namir - In Loving Memory