The Queens Tails

My Adventure

July 6th 2009 2:32 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

I am on an adverture! not bad for an "old" girl, right? I decided that I really should record this for history!
My dad got laid off his job right before Christmas. The only job he could find is 300 miles away in Washington state. That means that dad lives up there and comes home every 3 or 4 weeks for a visit. We all love dad and are really happy when he comes home even if it's only for a weekend. Anyway my dog sister Molly has been struggling with allergies for a while now. She has been through the restricted diet, has lots of baths with a bunch of different shampoos and conditioners and rinses, has different medicines and even vitamins and stuff added to her food. Anyhow, one day last week the gate to "my room" fell down (I have my own room during the day so that Tucker doesn't chase me and they don't eat my food) and when mom got home Molly was all red and then she got a rash and then her skin peeled off. My tuna bowl was empty - and way cleaner than what I leave it. So mom isn't sure if it was Molly that ate the tuna (we know she has reactions to fish) or if one of the others ate it and she just hung out in my room. So when mom was telling dad this story, he said that maybe I should come and live with him in Washington. I could have run of the whole apartment and we could see if Molly is allergic to me or my dander or just my tuna. So that is my big adventure - I went to stay with dad and keep him company in Washington. Mom got me a big crate and put a rug and towel in there so it would be soft and comfy. And she put a towel over the outside so I wouldn't get all nervous about the noises in dad's truck. And then she put a little cat nip in there. OH YEAH! I love that stuff - and guess what? I was very quiet and happy the whole ride - now that is a long ride too - about 5 hours. Usually going to the vet in the smaller crate I make a huge racket all the way there and then all the way back - it's 30 minutes each way! Dad didn't think he'd survive five hours of my yowling and carrying on. But the catnip did the trick and I was a happy traveler.
So dad put my litter box in a nice private place - he has a closet that is deep and narrow - the perfect spot for a girl that likes to take care of personal business in private. And of course we brought my condo, my favorite bed and the ottoman it sits on and some catnip mice and my own bowls and my rugs and the only treats that mom has found that I will even think of eating (dried salmon) and my food and my brush (she could have forgotten that) and she even planted some pots with nice tall grass for the balcony - that way I can sleep behind them - cause I like to sleep under or behind bushes. I haven't gotten to explore the balcony yet, but I think dad's going to let me out there tonight when he gets home from work. Mom asked him to be sure and find out where the closest ER vet is - and there is one only about a mile away (way better than at home - our ER is 30 minutes away) so if anything were to happen, he knows just where to take me.
So it's all good! We really hope it's my tuna and fish that Molly reacts so badly to and not me. If it is me, then mom will find out if the allergy vet can give her shots like dad used to take (he's allergic to cats and did the shots for a couple years - now Clariton keeps him OK with me) so we can all feel good when me and dad come back home. Until then I have the important job of keeping dad company while he has to be away working. I think this is going to be a great adventure - just think of all the rubs and loves I'm going to be getting being the only "pet" in the house!


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
9 + 1 =


Harley - My Angel 1998 - 2013


Family Pets

Tony, Our
Angel 1995 -


(What does RSS do?)