February 17th 2009 9:32 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Furrriends, my parents have a difficult choice to make about me.
When they found out I had hyperthyroidism, the first recommendation was Radiocat, or radioactive iodine therapy. But my doctors opted for the more conservative approach of pills because my kidney values were not purrfect.
Over time, the medicine became less effective. I am near the maximum dosage now, so my doctors have decided that the benefits of the Radiocat therapy now outweigh the risks because increasing my medicine dosage is really not an option for much longer.
Well, my latest labs indicate my thyroid problem is very bad. The Radiocat place is not certain that one treatment will cure me. Each treatment is over $1,300, but that is money my family would gladly pay twice if they could be more certain my problem would be fixed.
Daddy feels like the medicine will give me more time, but my thyroid levels won't be controlled very well. The Radiocat offers a cure, but the therapy might cure the disease and kill the patient. Or it might cure me and I will be all better for years.
So it's very hard for my family to know what to do. My own doctors said that if I was their cat, they would get the treatment. Mommy and Daddy are very confused.
Please purr that they will be guided to the right choice for me. I love them, and I am pretty sure my Mommy would not even know how to live without me.
Leave a Comment