Likes: Mommy, his buddies Leo, Stinker and Big Boy, food, scritches
Pet-Peeves: that dog(Sailor)
Favorite Toy: Mommy's feet
Favorite Nap Spot: Mommy's pillow and head
Favorite Food: Friskies canned, raw hamburger
Skills: can open doors, can tell when Mommy is sad, lots of love to give
Arrival Story: I was out in the front yard and the mailman said, there's a kitten on your neighbor's porch. I called "here, kitty, kity" and he ran right to me. He
s been with me ever since.
Bio: Gavroche is a Siamese mix of unknown origin. His name comes from the character of Gavroche int he musical Les Miserables. That Gavroche was an orphan of the streets and so was he.
He has been known to escape the house, at first mysteriously. Then Mommy discovered he could open the screen door and let himself and some of of friends out.
The tag Game.: I was just tagged by Regiment. The idea is to tell 7 facts about yourself and then to tag 7 other cats. That way we can all learn more about each other.
1. I am bascially a very shy cat and usually hide if anyone but mom or dad are in the house.
2. I was named for a character in the story Les Miserables. Gavroche was a poor street urchin and so was I til mom found me.
3. I love my mom more than anything. I am truly devoted to her.
4. My best kitty friends in my family are Leo and Big Boy. But I don't get along with my sister Chap.
5. mom claims she and I are soul mates and have known each other in former lives. I think she might be right.
6. My favorite place to sleep is on mom's head, but for some reason she does not want me to lie on her face.
7. My plan is to live to be the world's oldest and healthiest cat. Mom says I have to be, so I am really going to try. I am 15 right now so to be the oldest, I have a ways to go.
I have been trying all day to think of what to say here about my sweet boy's crossing over the bridge. So far, I am wordless. All I can say is, my heart has gone to the bridge. One day, I will reclaim it.
I have loved, do love, and will love every single cat that comes into my life in whatever way. But Gavroche is The most special cat I will ever own. When he came to me, he was about 3 months old and living on the streets. He had obviously been raised around humans and a neighbor adopted what had to be his sister(they were the same age and looked just alike). I heard him meowing and called here kitty and he came right to me. Stole my heart that very moment. The name Gavroche comes from Les Miserables. He was a little street urchin and that is what my boy was. When I look into his blue eyes I can see to his soul and believe he can do the same. There are so many times that I feel his souland mine have met before. He is truly my heart and sould and I will love him always.