Sex: Female Weight: 9 lbs.
|Home:Montreal, QC, Canada ||[I have a diary!] |
Photo Comments (1)
Leave a treat for Mickey (In Loving Memory)
Mickey Babe, Mickey Sweet, Medusa, Psycho cat, Chicken Cat, Little Thief, Miss Chips
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
September 23rd 1995
Sleeping on her human's pillow so that she can get the best view of the TV; hunting birds on TV. Rolling around in the luxury of a dry bathtub -- soon to be the next Olympic sport!
Being excluded from an activity because she damaged something. Getting her nails trimmed at the vet -- takes 2 people to restrain her! (The vet nicknamed her "chicken cat".)
Hair elastics, tissues, anything crinkly and plastic. A favourite old catnip mouse (repeatedly gutted, and restuffed).
Favorite Nap Spot:
Paper bags! Anywhere that her sister, "Pandora" finds comfy. Lap cat -- on her own terms (I rarely leave home without cat fur accenting my clothes).
Cafe au Lait -- watch her or she'll be lapping out of your mug before darting away! Addicted to olives -- real dangerous!
Opening doors, squeezing into cardboard boxes without opening them. Knocking everything and anything off of desks to get her human's attention.
Racing up and down the hall while dodging furniture relieves her kitty madness.
Yeah, she's got OCD, I'm sure! Mickey is a compulsive tail sucker; she gets cranky if you don't let her pin her tail to your lap for better tail access.
Annoying obsessions: Licking plastic bags; opening closet doors in middle of the night just to get my attention (if I ignore her she just jumps on my clothes and hangs there, meowing pitifully until I unhook her!)
Mickey's so terrified of vacuum cleaners that she sometimes hides behind the litter box just to hide from the great noise in the other room! She might seem like a little terror sometimes, but we know she's a real sweet coward underneath it all. (Do you dare to call her bluff?)
Now cute has learned to kill!
The Last Forum I Posted In:
How do your humans spoil you?
I've Been On Catster Since:
|April 5th 2006
||More than 8 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
January 13th 2012 9:28 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I'm still in shock... My 16 year-old cat, Mickey, was diagnosed with acute kidney failure last night (Thursday, January 12, 2012). I can't wake up from this nightmare... With no chance of a cure, I had to euthanize my beloved cat to save her from the pain of deterioration. It was an act of compassion, so why do I feel that I acted impulsively?
Mickey & Pandora survived a major fire on January 6, 2008... After a 2 month long battle, Pandora died of cancer (Squamous Cell Carcinoma in her tongue) from the smoke on June 23, 2008. Mickey's health deteriorated in days, and I still don't know why. Maybe I'll write more about it when I put together the puzzle pieces.
My heart is so heavy.
No pets to snuggle with me while I relax on the weekend. No Tatianna, twitching and barking in her sleep, at the foot of the bed. No purrs of comfort on my pillow...my lap is empty. What I'd give to hear that demanding meow at the crack of dawn....The house is just too quiet.
RIP Pandora (September 23, 1995 - June 23, 2008)
RIP Tatianna (August 10,1996 – October 15, 2010)
RIP Mickey (September 23, 1995 - January 13, 2012)
October 27th 2007 7:36 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
I have been TAGGED by the sweet and pretty Kayleigh who cracks me up because she keeps mistaking me for a tomcat!
Now it's my turn to choose 10 kitties and say something nice about them! If you've already been tagged, my apologies -- it just means I want to say something nice about YOU.
1) Cole has been a dear friend to my sis, Pandora, and me for several cat years. He’s the sweetest tomcat we know, but he fights for what he believes in.
2) Maytag is a cute holy terror (like me) who knows just how to find the best way to pester the other pets in the household. He also maintains his composure while being sprayed with a water gun…Tag, you rule!
3) Willow is the only cat we know who can understand Norsk! What a cultured and bright kitty…where does she find the time to be so naughty?
4) Blackjack is a beautiful black tabby with a sense of style. My sis tells me that he is a purrr-fect gentleman too!
5) Dillon (Spellbound's Daljinder) has such a luxurious silver coat. I also admire him for his strength in overcoming some serious health problems. (Oops! I forgot to thank-you for the birthday wishes… purrr …)
6) Phoenix came into his human’s life just at the purrr-fect time to help heal her broken heart. That’s black cat magic, I tell ya!
7) Loki is very intelligent and doesn’t hesitate to speak her mind.
8) Sir Mystery Max is adventurous and braves the great outdoors.
9) Pedro is a fearless hunter (like myself), but somehow puts up with a crying baby human that’s invaded his territory. How do you do it?
10) Merlin is a champion of inter-species diplomacy -- he grooms his dog, Moomoo, and he’s a fan of “Animal Planet” (like me)!
Have fun tagging!!! :-3
September 25th 2007 6:01 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
Happy Birthday to Mickey. Oh yeah...it's Pandora's birthday too!
Hey, I almost forgot that it is our 12 th birthday today, can you believe it?
There were a few things that tipped me off:
1) Kayleigh was so NICE to send me a cute Happy Birthday message in a Catster Rosette today. Purrr....purrr... Thanks Kayleigh! :)
2) This morning, Pandora was curled up fast asleep on MY pillow (you know the one that's closest to the TV), and instead of swatting at her and putting Pan in her place, I thought I'd be GENEROUS and groom her! (Being nice to Pan wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...) We snuggled and took a nice catnap on Human's bed without scratching each other. :)
3) My human gave us some Fancy Feast for a snack instead of the dried catfood that we eat day in...day out! Finally Human listened to my polite DEMANDS for that yummy offering! *licking my chops*
(Human...you're not half bad!)
Such excitement for one afternoon....hmm, I'm hungry and sleepy now. I must conserve my energy for the midnight prowl around MY home, you know? I'll go jump in the "forbidden closet" and pull down another piece of human's "clothing" for a long cat-nap!
Your fearless hunter is off for a snack...what is Human eating? Meow...?
*sniff...sniff* Kibble will do for now.
See all diary entries for Mickey (In Loving Memory)|