Likes: Watching the animals on The Animal Planet channel
Pet-Peeves: being picked up and getting her monthly flea control
Favorite Toy: anything shiny
Favorite Nap Spot: under the futon
Favorite Food: cat treats
Skills: Catching mouse toys in the air and setting them down at her feet
Arrival Story: Tigger needed a distraction so I wanted to get another calico. I went to the Human Society a few times until I found Shelby. She looks a lot like Tigger. When I got her home, she raced around all over the place, so I named her Shelby (it's a car thing).
Bio: I got Shelby about 6 months after I got Tigger. I assumed that just because Tigger tore up the place, that Shelby would do the same. So, I had Shelby's front paws declawed right after Tigger's. I say that I had Tigger declawed out of necessity, but Shelby's was done out of STUPIDITY on my part. Shelby turned out nothing like Tigger! Because of Shelby, I will never have another animal declawed!!! She is the gentlest cat and she loves grooming the other animals, especially the dog. She hates that Stormy won't let her come near her, so she chases Stormy back into her closet when Stormy hisses at her. She is also very skittish of people if they come towards her. Can you blame her after what I did to her? If she wants you to pet her, she'll come to you. She'll also run away if you try to pet her with both hands. She will not let you pick her up without trying to claw you to death. You should see how hard it is to apply the monthly flea medication. Birthday = Sep 27.
Woohoo! Party at our house today!!! We have 3 birthday kitties in our house today and Tanner has a birthday on Monday! That's a lot of birthdays!!!
So, like usual, mom's working right now and left us to fend for ourselves. Whatever will we do all day? Mom wonders because when she leaves the house in the morning to go to work, it's NEVER in the same shape or condition when she comes home after work. I'm not sure what happens, but mom thinks a tornado went thru here some days. What's a tornado? Are we tornadoes? That has to be something good, right?
Then there's the mutt... Mom compares the dog to a bull in a china shop. She says that she should register the dog's tail as a lethal weapon. One swipe of the tail takes out everything in it's path. Can you imagine what happens when the dog gets excited? That tail starts going a mile a minute and we all scatter and take cover. Mom laughs because she's never seen 11 cats depart so quickly. That laugh is short-lived because the dog always knocks something over and mom starts yelling. Oh well. Better the mutt than me!!!
Well, we'll just have to wait and see what's in store for us later. I'm sure there's presents, Fancy Feast for all, catnip and the laser light. We might even get to play with those catnip bubbles. Oh yeah...I can't forget that flashy thing mom points in our faces that blinds us all the time. Mom calls it a camera...I call it blackmail!
I guess I'm going to take a birthday cat nap shortly. I have to rest up for the celebration later. Happy Birthday to all the birthday kitties on Catster today! Happy Birthday to me (of course), Princess and Simon too. We turned 5 today!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Mom got an email this morning notifying her of my selection of one of the Diary Picks of the Day! I am such a happy kitty (although you can't tell it since I'm still hiding under the bed after being attacked by Tabby). She must be jealous! Why else would she constantly chase and attack me. I could really use those front claws right about now! Do they make glue on nails for kitties like they do for mommies?
Thank you Sammie and KiKi for the beautiful beach ball rosette you gave me today! Now I have a ball of my own to bat around the house! Thank you!!!
Thank You Catster for this honorable nomination! You have really brightened my day!!! I'm a happy kitty!
Hope every kitty has a purrfect day. I know I will!!!
I wasn't tagged, but most of my furfamily was and I was kind of feeling left out. So I decided to jot down some random facts of my own.
1. I am a very skittish kitty. I even run from mom if she approaches me too fast.
2. I only like to be pet with one hand. If you try to pet me with two hands, I run away. Using two hands usually means I'm having or getting something done to me that I don't like (being put in a carrier, monthly flea protection, etc).
3. I like to burrow under the covers long after mom has gone to sleep. I scratch at the covers and mom automatically lifts them up for me to burrow. She doesn't even know she's doing it.
4. Tigger and I look so much alike. When a stranger comes to visit, they don't realize that we're two different kitties. Tigger has more black in her fur and I have more brown. Tigger also weighs twice as much as I do (maybe three times as much - MOL).
5. Since moving into the new house, I don't venture out of the bedroom too much. Tabby and I don't get along and she always attacks me. It's safer for me if I hide.
6. I'm the only kitty that Daisy the dog allows to clean her ears. I bathe her head and face too.
7. Mom had my front claws removed out of stupidity on her part. Tigger tore up the house and when she adopted me, she assumed that I'd be just like Tigger and do the same thing. She never gave me a chance. Mom has not had another animal declawed since.