Sex: Female Weight: 13 lbs.
|Home:Stewartstown, PA ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a treat for My Sweet Lady (Rainbow Bridge)
Catster stats for My Sweet Lady (Rainbow Bridge)
7 times 212
Special Gift Box:
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
|-mixed breed||-extra toe(s) ||-cat rescue|
Tabby and White
Favorite Nap Spot:
On my bed
Lady was abandoned near here; I rescued her, had her spayed, and gave her to a friend in 2000. In late 2004, when the "friend" decided to move to a different part of the country & leave the cats in her barn, I took Lady back. She seems highly content to be a housecat again.
AUTUMN 2007: Lady has been diagnosed with idiopathic chylothorax - after trips to two vets and an internist. We're hoping it will resolve itself, but only time will tell.
FEBRUARY 2008: The chylothorax seemed to be resolving over the last several months; however, more recently, it appears to be increasing again. She's being treated with Rutin, but it's getting more difficult to get it into her; she hides when she reads my mind and knows I have the syringe in my hand!
FEBRUARY 16, 2008:
When I awoke at 8 o'clock this morning, My Sweet Lady had, totally unexpectedly, gone to Rainbow Bridge. Her body was lying on the floor at the bedroom door. I'll need to speak to her doctor to see exactly what might have caused it. She just had bloodwork, and everything was normal; she had no heart deficiencies, but something in the chylothorax was more than her body could handle. I am blessed that I wasn't forced to haul her to the vet for that final time; she left from her own home, and the last words I'd spoken to her, before I climbed into bed, were "I love you, My Sweet Lady."
My bestest companion
The Last Forum I Posted In:
Pyothorax - what do you think?
I've Been On Catster Since:
|February 14th 2006
||More than 9 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
April 6th 2013 8:45 am
[ View A Comments ]
I see I've been tagged by my good friend, Tuffy! Now I'm to list five things I like about spring; hmm, don't know if I can come up with that many.
1. Lying outside in the warm sun
2. Watching the birds and squirrels
3. Exploring around the cabin
Well, that's it; I can't think of any more. :( (Mom gets grumpy in the spring, and I *don't* enjoy that!)
February 19th 2008 2:00 pm
[ View A Comments ]
Well, I see I"ve been tagged again! You people are *good*! Things have really changed since last time, though: I've come to Rainbow Bridge! I've been here just since Saturday morning, so that's - what? 4 days now? Anyway, this place is unbelievable! I've met my family, and lots of new friends. Ok, seven facts - let's see:
1. I'm newly moved to Rainbow Bridge - a totally unexpected move.
2. I'm still a proud member of M.I.D.E.
3. I'm now also a member of RBK
4. I'm sorry to be away from Mom but not so sorry to be rid of that Blue Dude - what a nuisance!
5. I don't have as many extra toes as some of you - but I do have thumbs!
6. I lived on my own for a while, with two kittens, but don't have very nice memories of those times.
7. I spent 4 years as a barn cat, which was better than being on my own but nowhere near as nice as being Mom's housecat and sleeping in a heated cuddler bed! :)
Now I need to tag 7 others, huh? Ok, let's see
February 7th 2008 8:33 am
[ View A Comments (1) ]
I see that Tuffy has tagged me for this game. These are the rules he gave me:
Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats who are tagged need to post in their diary: the rules and their 7 pawsome facts. Then they choose 7 cats to tag and list their names. Don't forget to purr them a pmail that they have been tagged and to read your diary or send them a rosette announcing that they've been tagged.
Well, mom and I are new here, but we'll give it a try. Seven facts about me, huh?
1. I'm not as digitally enhanced as most of you; mom's not sure how many toes I have in front, being unsure whether she should count the claw hidden up in the folds between my thumb and my fingers. She's a good woman but not so bright as she might be. . . .Anyway, I have a thumb on e
each front foot, but that seems to be the extent of my digital enhancement.:(
2. I'm a proud member of the Mittsonian Institute for the Digitally Enhanced.
3. I was in indoor cat who was abandoned, then rescued and made into a barn cat, and now I'm a strictly indoor cat - and very happy about that!
4.I'm having to learn to live with the Blue Dude - the young whippersnapper! Thinks he's so great, but he's just a bratty teenager.
5. I won't go outside here, but when Mom takes us all to the mountains, I like to go outside when she lets me - but I hang close to the cabin and don't stay out very long.
6. Mom calls me her 'bestest friend' because I like to be on her lap and on the bed with her - unless, of course, that bratty teenager either beats me to it or shows up - then I leave.
7. I have a condition called "chylothorax" which makes my breathing labored. Mom takes me to the vet regularly and is treating me with something that seems to be helping - maybe. The only other treatment would be surgery, which my doctor doesn't recommend - at least, not yet. (Hope he never does!)
Well let's see, I'm supposed to tag 7 more; I'm so new here, don't really know anyone, but I'll try:
Miss Clyde Cleo
There, how's that? OK?
See all diary entries for My Sweet Lady (Rainbow Bridge)|