"I am a momma's boy, but I will CUT you!"
Age: 16 Years Sex: Male Weight: 19 lbs.
"To quote one famous cat....."Evil does not do BONNETS!!!!!!""
"Let me stretch out and take up as much room as I can in the bed!"
"No, I won't give it back, Mom! I stole it fair and square!"
"Ahhh, she used the stuff that makes the carpet smell like flowers again!"
"I don't know why mom bought a cat bed when I sleep up here!"
"In memory of our grandmamma. Let's all help fight breast cancer! Thank you to NuNu for our picture!" [See My CatsterPlus Photo Book]
Leave a treat for William Robert Hill
Billy Bob, Billy, Bill, B, Super B, Mr. Bobcat, Sir
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
February 14th 1997
stealing shiny objects , watching the computer screen, catnip, biting people, and terrorizing small dogs
When I have to take the things he steals away from him, other than that we make sure that nothing "peeves" Billy. He bites.
peacock feathers, and Mr. Carrot, a catnip filled cat toy.
Favorite Nap Spot:
On his momma's lap, on the corner of the bed, and in the rocking chair
Fancy Feast, and anything a human is eating...but only a taste..he is diabetic
He is a wonderful thief, and he is incredibly picky about being clean.
I didn't really want this cat, and he was never meant to be mine, or at least we HUMANS thought he was not to be mine. Billy had other ideas. Billy CHOSE me, and really after he made up his mind-- the humans in his life had no options . He was my best friend's cat, and she had bought him from a breeder in Oklahoma.
I went with her to pick him up at theBirmingham AL. Airport, and he came out of the carrier hostile to her from the very beginning. This was very strange because she is a great pet owner and takes the very best care of her animals. Animals usually adore her, but he just never would bond with her. He did, however, decide that he liked me. Not long after getting him, she had to make some out of town trips, and I began "cat sitting" for her. Billy always liked coming to my house and was so sweet and loving. My friend swears that it was about that time he began to make her life a living Hades just so she would give him to me. He stole things. He attacked her. He was just a little pain in the rear! It became so bad, she had to eat her meals in her vehicle rather than in her apartment . She was forced to sleep under heavy quilts to keep from being scratched and bitten in her sleep. She tried everything to make him happy: treats, praise, petting him, special food, but he continued to be a little stinker! She was convinced the cat had severe emotional problems or something. I began keeping him on weekends sometimes just so she could get some rest.
I don't know everything else that went on , but eventually the two of them had enough of each other. When he was about a year old, my friend called me and said, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...I CANT STAND HIM ANYMORE!!! YOU NEED TO JUST KEEP THIS CAT!" When she brought him to me with all his things, I tried not to stare at the big scratch down her nose, and I certainly didn't ask about it. Somehow I figured that would be a sore subject.
Billy had always been a completely different cat with me. He was like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde back then. With me he was incredibly loving (except for the occassional bite when he wanted to bring something to my attention, like the water bowl was empty etc). Now we are very happy together. I pretty much always give him his way, and he pretty much has me trained to do just that . We get along excellently that way. In return he is the most devoted and loving of cats.
He rarely leaves my side when I am home. He grew from being this little monster cat into the most intelligent, devoted, loving cat I have ever had. He knows he is the favorite cat where I am concerned. I have no idea in the world why that cat decided he wanted to live at my house. I will readily admit that my friend is a much more gentle and patient person than I am. But Billy picked me, and after his mind was made up, there was no changing the inevitable. It just took him a year to convince everyone else involved. Humans can be so slow sometimes.
Billy is a registered Pixie Bob, yet he is almost a solid color, which is not the standard for them. However, if you roll him over, you see that his tummy has beautiful darker spots on it. He has several odd habits that makes him unique.
One is his theft habit. He is a wonderful thief. He steals and hides things and they are never seen again. He even stole a screwdriver from a repairman who came to fix the garbage disposal. He steals earrings, hair clips, bottle lids, etc...anything he can manage to grab. He will jerk an inkpen right out of my hand and run with it to hide it. He has stolen so many lighters that he has enough butane to make a weapon of mass distruction.
He is also fanatically clean and will go in and smack one of the other cats if that cat has not covered up his mess well enough in the litter pan. This makes life VERY difficult for his "rather stout" brother Fulmer, who has a hard time even fitting INTO a litter pan, bless his heart.
Bill is very, very clingy with his momma, and if I am away overnight, he will hold my hand in his mouth when I get home; like he is trying to hold me there, or trying to reassure himself that I am home. If I try to pull my hand out of his mouth, he bites down and brings blood, so it is best just to let him hold it until he falls deeply asleep.
He also hates it when I shower and will sit outside the shower and cry until I am done. He likes water and would come into the shower with me if I would allow it. I will usually talk to him or sing to him while I shower so he doesnt feel abandoned. He has an extremely LOUD, unusual cry and becomes furious if he is ever accidentally shut out of a room where I am . He screams until the door is opened. I have never seen a cat so devoted to one person as Billy.
9 of 9
I've Been On Catster Since:
|February 13th 2006
||More than 7 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
for 2628 days
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
May 22nd 2007 8:19 pm
[ View A Comments ]
I was tagged by Toulouse!
Seven Facts about ME!
1. I BITE! Hard! I have been told I shouldn't ....but who cares what a human says.
2. I'm a momma's boy. I'm not too fond of anyone else, but I don't want momma out of my sight.
3. I am a diabetic.
4. Genetically I am half Bobcat (felis rufus) and half house cat (felis sylvesteris). Some people call that a pixie bob, some people call it a "legend"....and no I didnt make that term up...google it if you want.
5. My favorite toy is a peacock feather!
6. I sleep on my momma's pillow and bite her hand softly so she can not leave me while I sleep.
7. I steal things as often as I can. I used to just steal things people dropped...now I will grab things out of people's hands and run with them.
I am tagging:
Princess Puffy Paws
Morgan Pirate Gato
March 13th 2006 9:33 pm
[ View A Comments ]
In all fairness to anyone entering our household Billy has dictated the following rules:
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If you drop it, it’s mine.
5. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
6. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any
way ever again.
7. If I chewed something up, all the pieces are mine.
8. If it just looks like something that was mine, it's mine.
9. If I saw it first, it's mine.
10. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it
automatically becomes mine.
11. The more you value something the more likely I will take it for mine.
12. If I hide it, you wont find it, so it's mine.
13. If you stupidly bring something inside my house that fits in my mouth, you forfeit it to be mine! Heirlooms are no exception! I didnt know your granny, but her wedding band will be MINE if I bite off your finger.
14. If I bite off said finger (see rule number 13), do not think of reattachment because of rule number 2 (see rule number 2).
15. Don't feel that things in your purse or pockets are safe. I can pick a pocket cleaner than a buzzard picks a dead man's bones!
16. If I am picking your pockets or your purse, remain calm and go with the experience. DO NOT PUSH ME AWAY! I am a professional. This is my job and I take pride in it. I don't bother you at work, so don't you bother me while I am working either. I don't want to have to show you my OTHER main skills and attack you.
17. Violation of any of these rules could result in mutilation, dismemberment and any injury up to and including death.
Enjoy your visit to my home! Don't stay long, though, I'm high strung.
See all diary entries for William Robert Hill|