Tony, Forever Loved

Bengal/American Shorthair
Picture of Tony, Forever Loved, a male Bengal/American Shorthair

Photo Comments

Home:Hendersonville, TN  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Male   Weight: 7 lbs.

Photo Comments (3)

Photo Comments (2)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

Photo Comments (1)

Photo Comments (2)

Photo Comments (2)

Photo Comments

Photo Comments

   Leave a treat for Tony, Forever Loved

Special Gift Box:
The family of Angel Midnight - DG #9 You wil, Angel Popeye you will be misse, Angel Samantha you will be mis and Peanut you will be missed

Baby boy, Cat boy, Youngster, Silly boy, Flopsy

Kitty Complexion:
sleepyvery active
not curiousvery curious
not vocalvery vocal

Quick Bio:
-pound cat

Gotcha Date:
October 29th 2005

Brown Tabby

Eating, loving on mamma, loving on daddy, flopping in the floor at our feet for some petting or attention!

Closed doors, sister Ashley grooming him, being told "no" when doing something wrong

Favorite Toy:
small balls, crazy mouse, shoe strings

Favorite Nap Spot:
either on our loveseat or in mamma's lap - at bedtime, he likes to curl up next to his mamma!

Favorite Food:
Hill's Prescription Diet K/D

knowing when mamma is busy in the kitchen and jumping on the counter to *help*


Arrival Story:
We wanted to give another deserving kitty a home, and we went to our local humane society and Tony just had us at "meow". He chose us as much as we chose him. He's a very special boy, and a wonderful addition to our family.

Tony started life out as a stray. Fortunately, some kind human found him and turned him over to our local shelter. He was there 3 weeks before we found him there. Our sweet baby boy was diagnosed with Chronic Renal Disease (CRD) on March 19, 2011. We are managing it with Hill's Prescription K/D diet. The vet feels like Tony can still have a long life with us. We certainly hope so - he is such a joy to his dad and me. UPDATE: 12/26/13 Due to all of the changes in Tony's life in the past year, starting with his dad passing away suddenly and then moving houses, his CRD has spiraled seriously out of control. Unlike originally thought, he may not have a long time to be with us. Every day with him will be a gift, regardless of how long it is. UPDATE 1/10/14 My boy's quality of life declined rapidly and his kidneys completely shut down. I freed him from CRF and he is with his daddy in a Heaven now. I am devastated.

Forums Motto:
I'm an equal opportunity cat boy!!

The Groups I'm In:
**Tabbies With 'Tudes** , Hey! You Look Like Me!, Buddie & Hazel's 5th Wedding Annifursary Party!!!, Poopology, Wild Whiskers, ♥ Kewlest Catster Kitties ♥

I've Been On Catster Since:
January 10th 2006 More than 11 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my family
Dreamgirl # 27
Callie (in
loving memory)

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

Tony's Time to Talk!!

Rainbow Bridge Thoughts from Tony

January 20th 2014 10:18 am
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]

As most of you already know, I went to the Bridge on January 10, 2014, laying in my Meowmy’s arms as her tears soaked my fur. I am home now, sitting on her nightstand so I can be by her at night when she sleeps. That was my favorite place to be—snuggled up to Meowmy all nice and warm to sleep. Heaven is a wonderful place. After getting welcomed by Calvin, who fitted me with some furtastic wings, I headed straight for my daddy. Daddy was waiting for me, as he already knew I was coming. It was so good to see him. I’ve been sitting in his lap a lot. I also saw my Grandmaw and Grandpaw who are fairly new angels too. They were happy to see me, especially Grandmaw. She introduced me to their doggie Angels Aggie and Ladybug – they were pretty cool for doggies – MOL!!

I am watching over my Meowmy. The day after I crossed over, I headbutted her ankle. No other kitty was around and she just knew it was me. A couple of days later, she could have sworn she saw me jump up on the love seat, as she has seen me do so many times. She was right. It is beautiful here, Meowmy, I have so many angel friends here, I cannot even name them all. I am not suffering anymore. I don’t have that terrible CRF. Thank you for freeing me and letting me go. One day, we will be together again. I’ll be here curled up in Daddy’s lap until you get here.

I was sorry to hear about Catster. Thank you for helping my Meowmy meet so many pawesome people. The friendships will be preserved on Facebook, for those who are there,and by e-mail for those who are not. It will never be the same. Some of us still have hope Catster can be saved. Anything is possible. If not, Meowmy is making sure our pages are preserved in her own computer library. Thanks for the memories.

I send all of you much love from the Bridge,
Angel Tony


My Daddy is in Heaven Now

November 22nd 2012 9:01 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 20 people already have ]

Hi ev-fur-body, I am sorry it has been so long since I have written. Yesterday, my daddy went to heaven. It all started Sunday when he fell out of the chair in the kitchen. I was curled up with mommy and he came in here, laid down beside mommy and told her what had happened. As he was telling her, I saw him start rocking back and forth and snoring. Mommy was screaming at him and he didn't answer her. I got so furry furry scared and Ashley ran in here to see what was happening. About then, daddy slipped off the bed and mommy was dialing 9-1-1. She keeps screaming and then the scary sirens and men came in and worked on my daddy and then took him away. He didn't come back home.

Yesterday, my mommy found out daddy had really left us on Sunday and was something called brain dead. With the results being conclusive, mommy said she had to let daddy go to Heaven to be with his pawrents and family. She has had somebody stay here every night since Sunday. My Auntie Carol came the first two nights. She was sitting in daddy's chair and I got so excited when I heard it, then I realize it wasn't daddy and I looked at her to tell her that she needed to get up in case daddy came home.

Tuesday night, Aunt Suzi and Uncle Cory came, and then last night when they got home, they were all furry sad. Meowmy explained it to us but Ashley and I didn't really understand.

Today, Daddy's sister came and I went to her, headbutted her leg, and then flopped down. Meowmy hasn't seen me do this since daddy left here with the noisy van. Somehow, she made me feel better. Ashley and I were both happier with her here, and our cousin Shelby too. She is so furry sad cause daddy is her uncle and was like a second daddy to her.

I realize that Daddy has now gone to Heaven. I know that is a good thing but Ashley & I really miss him. We are going to take good care of our Meowmy and she will take good care of us. Our Auntie Sherry and Uncle Bill are coming to see Meowmy on Saturday when everyone says goodbye to him. Meowmy is putting pictures of us in the casket so he won't miss us, and we are included in the obituary. We are his children after all!!

Thanks for reading and listening to my thoughts. It has been a scary few days and Ashley and I really don't know how to act. Meowmy says with our Aunt and cousin here, we are feeling more settled down.

Remember, love is forever. God is good.

Your pal,



June 18th 2011 8:33 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 7 people already have ]

Furriends, I am happy to report that my creatinine and BUN numbers improved. My BUN dropped from 41 mg in March to 40 mg today. My creat number dropped from 3.2 mg in March to 2.7 mg today! While they were still high, those were the ONLY high values on my bloodwork - everything else was normal. There was only minimal protein in my urine too. And to top it off, I gained half a pound. I had lost some weight over the past year, but Dr. P and my pawrents were very happy that I gained a half pound!

The Prescription K/D diet is working for me!! Dr. P was very happy that the numbers had improved and that we are preserving the kidney function I do have. YAY!! Thank Cat! I don't have to go back until my annual vet visit in October. That visit won't be much fun because of the vaccinations in addition to stealing my blood and urine, but it's 4 months away.

I didn't want to get into my carrier, of course. It was a rough ride for everyone. I quit yowling when we got there, but I still was talking to everyperson in the waiting room and their pets. There was even a dog that was more upset that me and we were unhappy in unison. MOL! There was another smaller dog there, but he was really quiet.

When we got into the exam room, I decided I liked it better in my carrier. The nice vet technician helped me out - she was gentle and sweet. I was a good boy when they stole the blood and urine but I did wander the room and hide before Dr. P came back in to tell us the good news. I started out hiding in the sink and then crawled in the corner with my back to ev-fur-one. I figured if I don't see them, they don't see me. MOL!! Dr. P chuckled at this site. She is so nice and petted me. She wished my sisfur CRANKY--MOL!!! well. She knows my sisfur very well.... My sisfur has a reptuation, I tell you...

It was hard getting back in the carrier, but I was happier on the trip home cause I knew I could get out of the carrier and enjoy the rest of my day.

Thanks for reading, furriends, and most of all, thanks for all your words of support, encouragement, and for your furriendship. I have special angels Rocky Ann, Miss Mittens, and my sisfur Callie watching over me. Your purring for me means everything!!

Love, Tony xoxo

See all diary entries for Tony, Forever Loved