Skills: thinks he's people, walks on a leash with harness
indoors and outdoors
Arrival Story: he lived on a campground in Northern Italy, where we were on vacation in 1991. Every morning he'd climb through the window into my bed and purr and wanted to be petted. Whenever we went away, he would wait on the porch. We HAD to adopt him
Bio: We moved to Oregon from Europe in 1995, with Mipo and our other cat Mipette and they successfully made the continental switch. Mipo would go outside with his harness on a 100 ft. leash out our back door into the garden, and every day when I came home from work I would take him on a walk through the neighborhood so he could mark his territory. Every night he slept right beside me for 14 years. Because he was so well-trained and he always preferred to be with me not left at home, we would take him on our vacations with our fifth-wheeler. He loved to discover new places.
In 10/2003 he was diagnosed with severe bladder problems. After 2 surgeries a year apart he was found to have cancer. It was very hard to see him deteriorate, and in June 2005 it was clear we could not keep him alive for our sake anymore. Our kind vet came to our house and he died in my arms. Mipo will never be forgotten and always has a place in our hearts.
As a member of the Rainbow Bridge Kitties, he is in a better place now, and he even found love there! His sweetheart Missy came to the bridge and Mipo lost his heart. They are the sweetest kitty couple ever!
8. I nearly died during the first 6 months with my parents due to old pneumonia
9. for 2 years after my family moved to Oregon I enjoyed the free life outside
10. during the above time I had one broken off tooth, 4 absecesses, a ripped ear and nearly lost my hind leg.
11. after that I had to get used to walking on a leash, though I had several escape plans that I would use to get out on average every other month
12. My orginal name was Mizzio, it changed to Mipo over the first few weeks at home
13. I always slept on my own pillow on the left side of mom's
14. I travelled: from Italy to Germany, from Germany to San Francisco, from San Francisco by car to Coos Bay, OR, from there to Sunriver, OR twice, to Odell Lake, to Eugene, Florence, Gold Beach, Portland, Salem, Seattle, Port Townsend, WA ( where I caught a mouse while on the leash )
2...I loved to walk on the leash daily, and all the neighbors thought I was just darling MOL
3...I used to be Mipette's trainer. She was a bit on the heavier side, so I chased her around on a regular basis, so she would stay fit and healthy!
4...The Rainbow Bridge Kitties Group gives my mom a feeling like I'm still alive, just somewhere else, and I have found a gazillion of great friends there
5...Favorite treat was raw beef heart
6...At night, I would drink some water, then come back to bed and kiss mommie on the lips ( wet and cold )
7...Except for the last couple of years of my life, I was like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Cat. In the daytime, I was not a cuddler, they coined the term "Mipo flight angle", that's what I did when someone held me in their arms.
But at night I would kiss and cuddle. I think I thought nobody would think it was the same cat and it would not tarnish my reputation of being my own independant cat!