None of us are getting very good sleep. See, poor mum has to take this awful drug called Bactrim as a precautionary measure against infection because of her kidney transplant. Well, they took her off it for a while, and she was doing great. But back in December, they put her on it again, and things started slowly going downhill from there.
She began experiencing weird symptoms of depression and anxiety and panic...and day by day (or night by night) her sleep was getting eroded.
It has gotten really bad. In six days, she has gotten a total of 8 hours of dozing. She hasn't been able to get any deep sleep at all. She is restless, shaky, dazed and confused. Milk doesn't help. Baths don't help. Reading doesn't help.
She tried to sleep on the couch last night, and I manfully snuggled in the crook of her legs, but her feet were twitching uncontrollably and she fidgeted and whined...kinda like me when I was a puppy. Then, she went to the big bed, and tried to lie perfectly still...but she still couldn't sleep.
She's going to call the doctors again today and make them take her off Bactrim...whose side effects include depression, anxiety, panic and insomnia...how's that for coinkydink???
Send good thoughts to mum for a good night's sleep soon before she collapses!!!!!!!!!!!
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
4. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never be yours.
6. If it looks like mine, it's mine.
7. If I saw it first, it's mine.
8. If you are playing with it and you put it down, it's mine.
9. If I chew it up, all the pieces are mine.
10. If it used to be yours, get over it.
11. If it's broken, it's yours until I take it back, then it's mine.