Sex: Female Weight: 10 lbs.
|Home:Norfolk, VA ||[I have a diary!] |
Leave a treat for Camila (1993-2006)
Catster stats for Camila (1993-2006)
43 times 1,061
Milla, MiMi, The Furry Flounder
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
March 17th 1993
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime.
When breakfast, lunch, and dinner are late.
Anything with catnip; laser pointer
Favorite Nap Spot:
On the back of the sofa, by the window.
Fancy Feast (anything sliced, heavy on the gravy, please!)
She can talk. When asked during her food preparation what she wants, her meow sounds EXACTLY like "You know!"
While in grad school, a friend had a beautiful gray cat named Sage. Well, Sage (who was unneutered at the time) got out one night, and a huge Tom (whom we eventually trapped) had his way with her. A large litter of 9 kittens resulted. All found wonderful homes, but I picked Camila out first. She was so tiny that she fit in the palm of my hand (can't say that now!). Camila (or, Milla) has traveled across the country with me twice (by car, of course), and has never wanted for anything. She captured her Dad's heart on his first date with Mom, and I'm not entirely sure if she isn't the real reason that he stuck around!
Milla was just the sweetest little girl -- nothing ever seemed to bother her. We had a special routine at night. If she was still downstairs with us when it was time to go to bed, we would tell her, "Let's go night-night" and she would follow us up to bed. Usually, though, she was a step ahead of us and we would find her on the bed when we finally went upstairs. When I was on shift, she would sleep on my pillow next to my husband to keep him company in my absence. I think that that will be the biggest thing that he will miss. I miss seeing her sweet face -- just looking at her spot on the sofa or on the bed and not seeing her laying there is the most difficult thing for me right now.
The Groups I'm In:
=^..^=Angel Cats=^..^=, CATSTERHOLICS!!!, Doc Hunter's House of Medicine, The Edina memorial centre for grief fighting
The Last Forum I Posted In:
Say something nice about the cat before you!
"There She Goes" as sung by Sixpence None the Richer
I've Been On Catster Since:
|June 13th 2005
||More than 10 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
June 8th 2007 3:14 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
Our dear family friend, Miss Mickey the Shmoo, has tagged me to play the MeMe game. I'm so excited, since my sisters M&M have already been tagged. I haven't yet picked my seven Catster cats to tag, but will list them once I do.
The rules of the game are simple: in your diary, list seven random facts about yourself. Then select seven of your friends to do the same, notifying them via p-mail that they've been "tagged."
My Seven Random Facts:
1. When Mom first brought me home, she was concerned after a few days that I hadn't yet pooped (even though I was eating like a little hoglet!). Someone suggested using a washcloth moistened with warm water to gently rub my little bum with, since it simulates what mommy cats do to their babies to get them to poo. So, Mom tried it. The next thing she heard was tiny scratching in the litter box. A few minutes passed and I came bounding out of the bathroom, having lightened the load significantly.
2. I was a catnip fiend! Once, when Mommy was at work, I managed to open the kitchen drawer that I knew contained the bag of catnip. I ripped it open and flung it all over the kitchen floor. When Mommy came home, there I was, laying on my back in the middle of the kitchen floor, which was covered in catnip.
3. I once had a catnip hangover. It lasted for about 10 hours. Mom was scared silly, but the vet assured her that that was what was going on.
4. I knew when it was 4:00 in the afternoon -- on the dot. Daddy always said that it was like I was wearing a watch. Daylight Savings Time always threw me off, though.
5. The white little part around my mouth was SO white that it glowed in the dark.
6. A friend of Daddy's nicknamed me The Furry Flunder because when I would lay on the ottoman, my sides spread out and, with my coloring, I looked pretty much like a gigantic flounder.
7. My whiskers were incredibly long and curled upwards, just like Salvador Dali (except that mine did it naturally!).
September 16th 2006 3:00 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
I've been watching Jake. Closely. It's time to start passing on the trade secrets of being an awesome gray fluffy cat. It's not as easy as it sounds, but so far, he's doing really well -- for a boy.
First, there was the matter of crossing one's paws in front of one's self when laying in a sun spot. I caught him doing that -- so did Mom, and it made her smile. Reminded her of me. I've also noticed that his tail is growing fluffier by the day -- very good. He's also getting the white fluffy belly -- another plus. He's completely mastered the art of the impatient silent meow when Mom's fixing the food, but he still needs to get that head-butt down. He hasn't got that yet, but there's time, there's time.
The thing that made me the happiest, though, happened just yesterday. Mom was folding laundry on the bed, and he was helping (just like I did). She bent down to kiss his head (lucky guy!), and he raised his face up to sniff her eye. It sounds strange, I know, but nothing could get Mom to smile more than when I brought my mouth up close to her eye so that all she could see was the upside-down "Y" of my mouth, all fuzzy-like. He did it! And she smiled. So good to see her smile again.
July 26th 2006 3:18 am
[ Leave A Comment ]
I see that Mom had a pleasant surprise waiting for her this morning on Catster: My diary was selected as one of the daily picks! Naturally, I'm honored but feeling as if my diary entries aren't the happiest to read. You see, I watch over Mom from the lowest cloud possible, and I can see how sad she still is. I died this past May 1, and Mom still looks for me. I've "visited" her twice now in dreams, just to let her know that I'm doing great -- I've made lots of friends here, and no longer do I have any pain or discomfort. I've also tried to remind her that we'll see each other again one day, but until then, she has a special guardian angel watching over her. Reading over her shoulder as she wrote my special Tail of Commitment, I can tell that she's still hurting. Hopefully, though, having Emma and Jake now in her life will help her to find happiness again.
See all diary entries for Camila (1993-2006)|