Nicknames: Bunny, The Rufinator, Rufus-Doofus, Bumblebutt, Frumious Bandersnatch, He Who Must Be Obeyed
Gotcha Date: February 27th 1999
Birthday: June 25th 1998
Likes: Being fed by hand, getting picked up by his favorite people (but only when requested), hot towels fresh from the dryer, birdwatching, belly rubs, staring intently (and, okay, maybe a tad vacantly) at his water fountain for w-a-a-y too long.
Pet-Peeves: Vacuum cleaners (!), unauthorized assaults upon his person, the skanky female cat who lives down the hall, "outfits" (especially those involving hats with chin straps), that so-called "adorable" baby panda at the zoo everybody is so crazy about.
Favorite Toy: Hs best friend, the Roomba (I am actually a little worried about this); his Cat Dancer; his catnip pillow; his annual "present box" filled with toys (which must remain intact until his next "present box"); and, of course, his water fountain.
Favorite Nap Spot: His "kitty condo"; perched on Purr Pads in the deepest, darkest corner of the closet; on a double set of Purr Pads carefully placed atop a feather bed, a down comforter, and an extra puffy quilt.
Favorite Food: Anything dry and flavorless. Diet food? You bet. Special low PH? Bring it on!
Skills: Successfully establishing and enforcing a rigid and painfully detailed daily schedule, insistently herding his family from distant locations into one of several Officially Designated Petting Zones, getting whatever he wants all the time.
Arrival Story: I was very saddened by the death of a beloved 21 and a half year old Siamese cat. Rufus rescued me.
Bio: Rufus is deeply offended that his photo was rejected for an incredible two years in a row by the 365 Cats a Year Calendar. He remains convinced that it is fixed.
My pal Peanut tagged me. I'm a few days late (what can I do -- lazy mom!), but here goes.
1. Meow! Are you a noisy kitty or a quiet kitty?
Well, I'm kind of on the quiet side. I mostly let my big blues do the talking, but occasionally I let loose with a meow or two. Or maybe three.
2. Litterbox! Cover your business or let some other kitty cover?
Nope, I don't cover.
3. Happy! Favorite Daily Routine?
I've established a detailed daily schedule around here and it must be adhered to. It begins in the morning and continues throughout the day.
4. Hiss! Least Favorite Routine?
Anything to do with the v-e-t.
5. Ding-Dong! What do you think about visitors to your house?
If I know them, that's okay. However, my mom has a friend who regularly brings her small humans with her and I have to admit I'm not crazy about them.
6. Friends! Do you like other animals?
No not really. I'm a loner.
Thanks, Peanut, for asking me! I tag any and every cat who reads this diary!
My mom and I are beyond shocked and saddened today. Hazel Lucy went to the Bridge.
Hazel Lucy will be well and happy and free from her body at the Bridge. And, of course, she will be with her beloved Buddie.
It's Hazel's mom who needs our virtual hugs today. Nobody could have been a better mom to Hazel Lucy and she will feel her loss deeply. The out pouring of love from her Internet community has been overwhelming. When the first rush of pain goes away, I hope she will take comfort in this.
My mom send our love to Hazel Lucy and to Julie, her mom. The mark you made on all our hearts is forever.
My pal Spit Fire tagged me and here's the topic: 5 Reasons My Humans Annoy Me.
This is going to be fun!
1. I ask so little, I really do. Is it too much to expect that my night time water cup be in place no later than 6:15 p.m. daily?
2. I ask so little, I really do. When I want my breakfast should I really be required to engage in an increasingly loud, passive-aggressive display every morning in order to get her out of bed?
3. I ask so little, I really do. When I want attention and I indicate such by doing something heartbreakingly adorable such as batting my ball around adorably, sometimes when she's "working" or something like that, she fails to get up and admire me immediately.
4.I ask so little, I really do. When my Mom does laundry, she lets me lie in a big pile of warm towels and it's one of my favorite times of the week. That's right, I said week. Since I love it so much and my mother knows I love it so much, why does she only do this once a week? Is daily too much to ask?
5. I ask so little, I really do. Do I really have to say it: No more outfits! I have to give my Mom credit because she does it a a whole lot less than she used to. But, gee, Mom, just because you can put clothes on a guy, it doesn't mean you should. Please, Mom. I have my feline dignity, thank you very much.
Nikko: My Ragdoll pal and brother from another mother
Luke: My long-time Pal in Nakedness
Tessa: My beautiful Ragdoll friend
Inky: Samoa's new brother may be new to this human stuff, but I bet he's got a few things he'd like to get off his fur
Jaffa: My super cool new English pal
And anybody who reads this and wants to play, come on and vent!