August 19th 2013 7:38 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]
(from the Mommy)
Happy Gotcha Day, Boss.
Yes, I know you think you're the boss. At a whopping 15lbs, you've grown alot from the little assured kitten who sat on the dashboard on the way back to New York. I watch you pace the apartment, or stretch out on the cat tree, and gave out at the apartment, then out the window.
You leap onto the bed and onto my stomach (oof!) and lay down for chin scritches and head scritches.
You pace into the kitchen, and then back, patroling, looking for...what? Well, keeping your eye on everything.
Your coat is sleek. You are protective of me, defiant of all other males, including your father. You are my Baby, no matter your size.
You dominate all, except the old boys who just let you think you do. Staring down Smokie you find the skinny green eyed Russian Blue Rasputin is still in charge as he delivers not the gentle smack you got as a kitten, but a hard one two punch.
You deserved it, and the way of Cats, their culture, is their business. It hurts your pride, but not you, as you gaze out again, chastened but not contained.
You leap quickly up the tree, but miss a platform, almost, and look, puzzled, as Calvin passes you, lighter and smaller. Yes, you were once that size. But you are Powerful and sleek, two years of age sit upon you with the strength and agility of a healthy young male cat who has known nothing but love and good nutrition since he was plucked from under a car at Angel Oak's parking lot from whence Cee Cee sent you to us.
Large, yes, a bully, yes, at times. But ever watchful and endearing as you stretch out before Princess, or Mr. Paws to be groomed.
A big cat, yes, with a little meow, plaintive and yearning for attention, to be noticed and yes, to be loved.
And you are. Your brothers do love you, even if you try to bully them. You are big brother to Calvin and Midnight, the head of the Three Muskateers, or as your dad says, the three stooges. You knock around Ringo, the small foster kitten with easy grace, as though saying 'yeah, I was that small once!'
You've grown up in some ways, but not others. You play at every opportunity...and when not, you stretch out, so long now, sleek and long, to catch a cat nap.
And I meet your gold eyes, and smile.
I'm so glad, CK Angel, that you're home.
March 14th 2013 1:57 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]
1) It means that I'm one of a few of simply the best....
2) It means Samoa thinks I'm cute.
3) It makes people notice that you can sure be special without being a purebreed.
4) It means I can proudly say 'Yes, I am very desirable!'
5) It means being in the company of greats!
6) It means I get my own group!
7) It means that I am Special!
8) It makes people go 'wow, a little tuxie from South Carolina is a Dreamboat in training!!!'
9) It means the new Pope is going to send for me for a special audience, to congratulate me on being a good Cat-lick dreamboat in training!
10) It means my Momma Panda will be so proud!
11) It means that Novi and me and other black and white boys who are dreamboats in training can have our own gang!
12) It means, really, that I am a great example of that miracles do occur!
It means, more than anything...that a little stray can be so so so much more.....
please save a life and adopt today!
February 11th 2013 8:22 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]
It's me, CK.
I am not like Ruffy-I can't write like him.
And Daddy says I've been a real ELB lately.
Who wants to be my Valentine?
I don't have a girl cat friend or nuthin.
My momma Panda is getting a valentine from me, though, cause I'm her good boy.