CeeCee Ryder Knowles

Domestic Shorthair [See My CatsterPlus Photo Book]
Picture of CeeCee Ryder Knowles, a female Domestic Shorthair

Photo Comments (2)

"Walking through the meadow, feeling well again!"

Home:Ridgewood, NY  [I have a diary!]  
Sex: Female   Weight: 6 lbs.

When a bell rings, another angel has her wings!

Photo Comments (1)

"When a bell rings, another angel has her wings!"

CeeCee at the Cat house before she came to us here

Photo Comments (2)

"CeeCee at the Cat house before she came to us here"

Cee Cee having fun

Photo Comments

"Cee Cee having fun"

drinking from Natalie

Photo Comments (3)

"drinking from Natalie's water bowl-so skinny!"

Cee Cee in the hospital-she has a

Photo Comments (1)

"Cee Cee in the hospital-she has a 'large suite', and is resting...my little fighter."

Cee Cee at home

Photo Comments

"Cee Cee at home"

Cee Cee on her first day home before she went to Dr. Paloni

Photo Comments

"Cee Cee on her first day home before she went to Dr. Paloni's"


Photo Comments (2)


Alex is my Guardian Angel

Photo Comments

"Alex is my Guardian Angel"

   [See My CatsterPlus Photo Book]
   Leave a treat for CeeCee Ryder Knowles

CC cat, Cecelia,

Sun Sign:
Quick Bio:
-cat rescue

Gotcha Date:
August 5th 2011

June 30th 1999

Tortoiseshell Tabby

Arrival Story:
CeeCee was found by a volunteer, who boarded her along with CeeCee's companion cat and 2 others in a garage, trying to find homes for them all. CeeCee's companion got a home. The man who owned the garage said the volunteer had to find another place for them, and aske if we would accept them. She said that she believed they had been put out on the street one day as their person had passed...one day they were all just huddling in various spots around an empty house. Cee Cee was estimated to be about 12 when found.

Shortly after we got her into the Rescue, Cee Cee, who it appears would not eat cat food, but was eating some baby food, roast beef, turkey breast, stopped eating. We were directed by the Rescue Director to take Cee Cee to the vet hospital they used, Howard Beach Animal Clinic. I didn't want to, as this was the place that did the dentistry on Miss Charlotte, who died the day after her dentistry. But I was told by the Rescue Director that this was who they used. With our back to the wall, as she needed to be seen, and quickly, we got her in there and she was hospitalized. Last week, on 8/4/11, we were told CeeCee was ready to come home. We had expected her to come home with a feeding tube. We were shocked when we found out they had removed the tube-we had been told most likely she would go home with it. We had been told CeeCee was eating on her own. Well, when we got her out of the carrier at our apartment, she was skin and bones, and appeared much worse than when we'd bought her there. She also would not eat, with the exception of 5 or so fingertip sized pieces of turkey breast. Cee Cee was returned to us in a dirty carrier, and she hereself looked as though no one even took the time to wipe her coat or brush her-we gave her a 'birdbath' with kitty wipes and immediatately called our vet and got her over there! CeeCee as of today, August 9, 2011 is with our wonderful vets Dr. Paloni and Dr. Miglirino and staff at Vet Care Unlimited-they are fighiting to save her life. The vet at HB removed Cee Cee's peg feeding tube way too soon, and left her to die of slow starvation. Dr. P and Dr. M are fighting to save her life. We believeCee Cee was treated this way by HB because she was a 'Rescue', we feel sure if she was 'our' cat and we were paying out big bucks things might have been very different. It is clear that CeeCee was neglected and if she recieved any care at all, it was minimal. It's been a lesson to us-we would never use this bad vet again, and want everyone to know to trust your instincts-if you don't like the way a vet office 'feels' then listen and don't use them! We are very upset and are hoping and praying our CeeCee will be ok. UPDATE: August 14, 2011 CeeCee Ryder Knowles left for Rainbow Bridge sometime early in the morning. She had been 'rallying' and doing slightly better. However, when our vet tech went to check on her a little later, her Spirit had left. We are devestated, and we grieve but realized how lucky we were to know CeeCee for the short time we did. We will be eternally grateful to the wonderful staff of VET CARE UNLIMITED, especially Dr. Theresa Paloni and Dr. Miglirino, Ria, Rachel, Glenn, Anthony, Dawn, and all who fought the good fight for Our Girl. If love could have held her here, if exceptional vet care could have healed her then we know they would have made it possible. They tried so hard, and we know that they are our 'Earth Angels' for working so hard for CeeCee. They wll always be, for us, what vet care is all about. Please, please, please-if for any reason, you get a 'bad feeling' about a Vet, LISTEN TO YOUR INSTINCTS! We beleive that Cee Cee's treatment by HOWARD BEACH ANIMAL CLINIC greatly contributed to Cee Cee's passing.

Forums Motto:
Go Cee Cee Ryder!!!!

The Last Forum I Posted In:
My kitty has Hepatic lipidosis

I've Been On Catster Since:
August 6th 2011 More than 4 years!

Stars Given In The Past Month:
Honey - Got Her Wings

Special Gifts Given In The Past Month:
Jobél our Sweetheart
Xerox (1999-2016) ✟

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

for 1880 days

Meet my family
Bella My
Orange RuffySmokie Boo
Natalie the
Llwellyn of K
Louie the
Lover Angel
CalliCK Angel Ryder
(Adopted Feb
Midnight the
House Panther
Calvin Mc
Ringo The

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

CeeCee's Cat Candy

My Bridge Day-and a dedication

August 14th 2013 9:03 am
[ Leave A Comment | 7 people already have ]

Dear everyone,

I know for Mommy this is a very hard day. We knew each other so briefly. I had been found, wandering the streets. I had been taken in by a lady who placed me, with other rescues, in a man's garage. The lady had suspected tht my original person might had died, because I was confused the way a can who has never been outside or been subject to being homeless was.

The man wasn't unkind, but he wasn't someone who knew cats. He told the rescuer in a couple weeks that she had to find another place for all of us. She handed us over to a rescue with a good reputation.

However, no one is sure how long I really wasn't eating for. The volunteers tried to coax me to eat, but I had never been in a place with so many cats. I wasn't in a cage, but there were so many other cats. I didn't know where my person was.

I was probably sick when I went there, and Mommy and Daddy, who were volunteering, along with good kind volunteers (I was named Cecilia for one of them)worked so hard to try to get me to eat.

The rescoue founder agreed I needed to go to the vet. But when I got there, though 'treated', he told the rescue founder that 'I was an old cat, and money shouldn't be spent on me, I should be euthanized.'

They wouldn't agree to that, but they also did not want to pay to have me stay there longer than the week I was there. I had a feeding tube put in, but it's not clear as to how often I was really being fed. You see, I had hepatic lipadosis.

At this point, Mommy and Daddy said they would adopt me. They told the rescue founder, because the vet was threatening to put me to sleep that day. Daddy got on the phone and told them that if they did that he would make sure that they were sorry.

The rescue founder agreed Mommy and Daddy could take me. Mommy and Daddy went over to the vets office. THE VET HAD REMOVED THE FEEDING TUBE!!!!

They told Mommy and Daddy I was eating on my own. This was a lie. Mommy tried everything, and the next morning I was taken to Mommy and Daddy's vet for the other cats. They immediately hospitalized me, but because of my weakened condition, I couldn't have the tube reinsterted. A nose tube had to be done, which isnt' nice.

But I started to make a little progress. Slow, steady, and yet, I was getting a little better....

Dr. M had told Mommy that I looked more chipper, and appeared to be making progress....

but that was my last night...

The next day, I was gone.

I left on a Monday.

That Friday, Mommy and Daddy, still grieving, and in South Carolina, drove to Angel Oak-a wonderful old tree on John's Island. It's thousands of years old...

And from underneath a car poked a little nose, attatched to a kitten.

He became the little brother I left as my Legacy: CK Angel Ryder.

Today, as I purr into the radiant band of light that is the Universe-and I contemplate the jump to lightspeed back to say 'yes, we are cat, we are magickal', I dedicate this, my legacy of love, to all the rescuers, who have loved, and lost, and loved and saved again.

Because without you, I wouldn't have had a chance at all....

and we are, all of us, Miracles in Fur, simply waiting for the next to occur.

Thank you and much love....
Cee Cee Ryder


My Rainbow Bridge Day-it has been one year today.

August 14th 2012 3:28 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

Dear Mommy,

It is no small surprise to me that you almost forgot it-the day that a lovely soft furred cat with huge peacock colored wings alighted before me, all softness and with a gentle purr held out a paw.

I knew her, of course. For everyone knows Angel Alex. In the second she alighted, her soft 'whoosh' of landing and the way she softly crossed the small space between us.

the words were unspoken at first, for as cats, we don't need words as humans do.

But I saw her, and beheld the most magickal creature ever. She cocked her head to one side and her eyes held mine.

the question was there....'Will you come?'

I felt a wave of sadness. For you, for Daddy, for my own past. Why?

But I knew the answers lay beyond me.

And Alex answered me 'You are much loved...you may continue the fight, and I will be with you, if you so choose.'

I was so tired Mommy. I had been so tired and weary. I wanted to find wellness again, and knew that Alex knew what I was going through. I told her that I was sad and worried and she touched her nose to me.

And suddenly, the first flash of wellness came over me. I could feel energy singing in me. I knew that this was not the end, dear dear person who was so kind. It was the beginning for me.

For Alex and I-are we not alike?

and so, dear Mom...and you are my mom...I say to you I rubbed my cheek against Alex's and she extended her wings, and carefully, I crept under one...and then...


I knew I had left my body behind, but it was no matter...for I was still Me. And I told myself that I would find a way to let you know.

So it was only right that a few days later a small, spunky and resilliant black and white kitten found his way to you, and you to him.

Ah, my little one..you have grown up....and I am so happy you have the human Mom I could send to you.

Mom, please don't be sad.....and no regrets or recriminations. You blame yourself for leaving me at the cat house for too long, for not seeing the stressed out housecat that could not understand what had happened. But things were not yours to see, dear human....you got me in from the streets , it was not your fault that I could not adjust. This was just something that happened before I came to you. And you trusted the Rescue because why would a rescue lady who had a 'good reputation' lie to you or daddy?

You only found out later the person she was.

And the vet she used...well...

It is OVER.

If humans and furs take anything away from my story, it is to trust what you feel, don't use a vet you don't like...no matter what. The same with any rescue...for people can be failable.

But let me tell you that I am happy and content. I can fly and travel. I have at times looked in on you. I have spoken with Ruffy. I have touched noses to Big Harry and looked out for the little ones down there...and then, those like me.

So it does not surprise me that you are working with the Brooklyn Bridge Animal Coilition to save a 15 year old cat abandoned at a high kill shelter in NY-a cat that looked so fearsome and frightened in her picture that no rescue showed even a minor interest besides BB-bless them.

Her name....Musya...

she right now in on 'scratch hold' (she scratched someone,and then caught a cold, so they need to hold her for a bit because of this, we believe). Rest assured Mom I am looking over her. But it surprises us not at all you
said you would foster her...because she was the cat no one would take...excpet BB and you.

So....dear Mom, I know you did not forget...fir I am every homeless, abandoned cat, as we all are....as we are also the most wonderful creatures, filled with magick, love and light...and this side of the rainbow...or that....

We are all.....always....the magick of Cat.

Thank you Mom...

I celebrate my all too brief time with you....my wonderful life...and all the wonder that we all share as felines.

love and purrs,
Cee Cee Ryder Knowles


A bittersweet day of memories

August 5th 2012 6:30 am
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]

Hello everyone,
Today was the day mom and dad rescued me from the rescue I lived in. I was there a short time, I had been taken in, after living in a garage for a little while with some other cats. I had been rescued by a kind person from the streets of Brooklyn, after probably being put out by someone...
As I was a senior, it was always always wondered if my person had passed on, wound up in a nursing home, or if I had been lost. As mom did look at lost and founds on Pet Finder for me, and never saw anything, she always wondered.
I was bought to the Cat Rescue...but I hated it. I was frightened and stopped eating. I might not have been eating for some time. Mommy and Daddy and Auntie Celia, the lady who worked there tried to help me. Nothing worked.
I don't want to go over what happened...for it doesn't matter now. You can read it on my page. Suffice to say, Mommy and Daddy adopted me to get me the care I so badly needed....but it was too late.

Mommy always regrets not stepping in sooner. But she could not know that not all rescues are good. Nor are vets. The strongest caution my story offers is to be careful where a cat goes...rescue or vet.

Now, after a year, I live here at the Bridge. I am fine...my little earthly friend CK Angel Ryder lives with Mom and Dad...my gift to them for all they did for me.

Mommy, don't be sad. You and Daddy did all you could. I made the choise when Alex, her peacock colored wings blazing before me, gave me the choice...fight...continue...or leap the light fantastic and catch hold of my paw and soar with me to the beginning of all.

I simply could not resist. I loved you...and I know you and Dr. P and the good Vets and staff of Vet Care Unlimited did all you could to erase the bad concentration camp of Howard Beach Animal Clinic from my memory. But even so, dear people, I hold no grudges, for we cats are bigger than that.

And today, I stand, one paw foward, with the Greats here....Big Harry on my Right, Queen T on my left, Angel Alex nearby sweeping along on such bright wings, Calvin and Hazel Lucy and Natasha, and Tigger, and Ollie and tiny little Silvio and...all those who have come here...and I look into a million shades of emerald and gold and blue and hazel and those colors in between, and I turn my head to watch as a feline spirit and soul leaps high into the blue sky and then turning a summmersalt, folds back wings and hurtles down toward that place where the material world of earth is...and I know and can feel his joy as he becomes again fur and purrs to reunite with his pawrents.

Oh my friends, my furs, my people....never fear. We are beyond Real. We are Cat.

And we are Miracles in Fur.

I miss you Mommy. Daddy. Those who saved me and those like me.

And I touch you all with Power of the Paw...

And on this...my Gotcha Day...I send healing miracle energy to those who need it most.

With all my deepest love...

CeeCee Ryder Knowles
Angelcat Extrodinaire

See all diary entries for CeeCee Ryder Knowles