Close X


Blog from the Beasel-Weast

(Page 3 of 10: Viewing Diary Entry 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Not feeling well, back to the vet later

July 25th 2011 8:28 am
[ Leave A Comment | 6 people already have ]

This has been quite a week. I was ill this weekend, especially yesterday. I had diahrhea 3 times and vomited.
Daddy is making an appointment for me to see the vet today. He and mommy are very concerned.
Mommy gave me Iams low residue food (I woudln't eat the icky ID), Daddy gave me fluids last night, and I was given my pepcid. I was very listless and cranky yesterday. I seem a bit better today, but have a pain in my side that is making me cranky.
My stool was soft this morning, but not terribly so...the diahrhea is gone and I am eating the low residue food.
Mommy and Daddy are worried. Mommy was veyr worried last night becuase I wasn't myself at all and seemed very uncomfortable. Today I was a bit better. I even had some water and dry food (science diet sensitive stomach, suggested by vet tch since I won't eat dry low residue) and then licked mommys nose.
Mommy thinks that it started when I came home from my B12 shot on Friday because it was so, so hot. Mommy and Daddy had the air on even at the apartment, but because it was 100 degrees, and the power company was reducing power, it wasn't as cool as it could have been.
Anyway, I see the vet later.
Ruffy has to go back, too. He's closing his eye again.


Vet visits, feeling a little better, boring new diet

July 26th 2011 6:34 am
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]

Well, yesterday night I got taken to the vet. It was 'Big Vet' and she was very glad to see me! The good news is I have not lost weight.
Big vet says I probably got cellulitis from the fluid under my skin. I was in rare form, hissing and growling and carrying on. This amuses my daddy and Big Vet, as I don't bite or scratch, just complain alot.
I also had my fluids changed. For everyone human who gives their kitties fluids, please know that the fluids can go bad if not given every day. Big vet gave new smaller bags of fluids that need to be in the fridge once opened, and then bought to room temp once given.
I now have to take icky flagyl too. And I'm on low residue diet. Yucky.
I was a good girl, though. Glen, the tech for the evening admired me. He and I are friends. He thinks I'm very pretty. He told me the cat before me was only 6 lbs, very very pretty longair yellow cat. She came in a little pink carrier.
She looked real cute.
When they opened the carrier door she came out like a Medusa, and screamed and scratched and bited. They needed 2 techs to hold her.
So I guess for all my noise they didn't mind me.
After the exam the doctor put me on the floor, and let me walk around. I explored, I marked things with my cheek. She said that I wasn't as miserable as my mom thought, if I was busy investigating and marking. She said that I look good, but she thought it was a combination of the bad weather-100 degrees and my tummy getting upset. I don't have diahrhea now, but she wants me on flagyl for a few days to get rid of any bad bacteria taht might be in my body.
So now I'm stretched out on the couch, and I am feeling sorta better.

How is everyone else doing out there?



My Daddy, the Hero-with a little help from his friends!

July 28th 2011 6:36 am
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

On Tuesday night Daddy had to bring some supplies to the Cat House. When he got there and was putting away some stuff, one of the volunteers came rushing in! She had a kitten in her hands, a tiny kitten. While walking one of the old chihuahas that lives at the cat house, she heard a mewing tiny urgent sound...and it was coming from a person around the corners yard. She went into the yard and saw a bucket of water with a tiny kitten in it! She scooped him out and put him in her shirt and then took him back to the cat house.
The little kitten is about 5 weeks old. He was very friendly, though shivering from his ordeal.
Daddy made some calls, and he and mommy took the tiny kitten-now named Moses by his rescuer-to meet the other rescue person who would take him out to the rescue's shelter. Since he is so tiny, he's not yet ready to go for adoption, but mommy said that he seemed just fine, very active, friendly, affectionate and playful. He already has sharp little claws and teeth.
Mommy and Daddy would have kept him, as would his rescuer, but all of them are up to their limit (I said, Mommy dear, he will get a wonderful home but it wouldn't be fair to us here).
I know mommy and daddy are sad, but I know also as a cat who has a great deal of knowledge that being he's very cute, he'll get a great home.
I'm so proud of my daddy, and of the lady who volunteers at the rescue! Do you know shes in her 70s, and still wallks over 2 bridges to go and volunteer there and has been doing that for over 8 years?
Daddy felt it was best the tiny one go to the 'main' shelter where he could get more exposure. But I know that he is still missing him.
I had to nuzzle him this morning and 'mrew?' to him extra softly.

Thank you from all the goodness of Catness!


My test results are back-wondering if Kaci and I are- connected...

July 29th 2011 7:25 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 9 people already have ]

Hello all,
Mommy is a bit relieved!
Big Vet, Dr.P got my blood results back. She did all sorts of tests.
1) She thinks my trembling and odd behavior was a reaction to the flagyl. She said not to take any more.(yeah!)
2) My creatine was a little off. She believes it is from the digestive upsets. She said my pancreatic enzymes are normal. She's told Daddy that it doesn't mean I don't have pancretitis, it's just that it's not acting up now and that everything else looks good.
She felt some of my issues came from my tummy, which set off me being dehydrated. I now get my fluids for now every other day as opposed to once every three days. This is til I am feeling better and she revisits with me next week.
I ate some of the low residue food today. I am enjoying Natural Abundance Dry food...I really seem to like it. She had suggested it for me and even bought out some of her own for her cat for me to try. (she loves me and admires me, I can tell.)
Anyway, I am feeling sleepy, but better. I came down today and scratched at my post.
Ruffy is home. It's scary, he's walking around like an alien with the cone on his head. Is he a conehead? He is banging into everything. Mommy told him to be calm and petted him. He shook his bandaged leg so hard the bandage came flying off! He's very strong. Luckily the bandage was supposed to come off.
Two weeks of this...sigh.

I wanted to extend a little 'mew' to the new S team, who are the new kits from the A teams family.

I still miss Apollo. Sigh.

I love you all, have a wonderful night.


A letter to Hazel Lucy from Bella's mom

August 2nd 2011 4:45 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 8 people already have ]

Dear Hazel Lucy, Hazel Mazel, Julie and Buddie, this is Bellas mom, Debbie.
Julie, it's an offchance, but I'm wondering if you could put the word out to help.
We figure if it's meant to be it will.
My husband and I voluteer with Bobbi and the Strays here in NY. A few weeks ago one of the volunteers found 4 very frightened female spayed cats in the street. She took them home, had them examined by a vet and tested, etc. They were already spayed. Because she couldn't take them into her own apartment (she lives with 15 cats in a small apartment) and becuase she had 'hopeful adoptions on 2, she asked a neighbor if she could keep them in his garage. He allowed her to for probably about 2 weeks.
In that space of time she was able to find a good home for one. That same day the neighbor with the garage told her the cats had to go.
We took them into the 'Cat House' (the small cat sanctuary where we volunteer and oversee). One is right now being treated for Ringworm. She's a lovely 10 month-1 year old female pure white with gold eyes. The other cats are respectively a black and white 3 year old female, very friendly, who is doing ok. The last one...well, she is a heart breaker....

The last is the one I am at a loss for. I want to emphasize to you if we can't do anything else-find her a 'good plce' she will just live with James and I and the other cats. My concern for her is that this will be stressfull. We live in 2 rooms. Really the 4 cats live in one room, Natalie in the bedroom because since the fight that Natalie and Smokie had, because she was bitten, she can't be with the others.

But to give you the background we know on CeeCee....she apparently was the friend of the other cat that was adopted. The volunteer suspects that the cats belonged to a lady who passed away and they were put out by someone when she passed away.

When we got CeeCee to the cat house, it became clear that she had never been away from a home and apparently all the shocks of what had happened to her caught up with her in the space of a few weeks. She was extremely friendly (as they all are) but she broke my heart, Julie. She would sit gazing out of the gated window staring out at the yard. It was as though she was looking for someone.
She was never a great eater...we're not even sure when she was living in the garage what she was being fed or how often. But when we got her to the Cat House, she wouldn't eat cat food at all. We went out and got her chicken, and some roast beef, which she did eat. However 3 weeks ago she would barely eat, though we tried everything. We wound up taking her to the rescue's vet (that in my opinion I have less than pleasant views of-they discharged Miss Charlotte the day after her dentistry and I am convinced that's what killed her...she was about 12 after all. (my vet kept Bella after her dentistry for just that reason). Anyway, we bought her to the rescues vet and the whole trip there she sat in my lap, purred and kneaded. She did jump down at one point and knead the carpet on the car-she looked not unhappy. When we got her to the vet, they admitted her, did some tests, and told the rescue that she is suffering from Fatty Liver Disease and there was a chance she might not make it. The vet there suggested euthanizing her. We told them, and the rescue owner, absolutely not. We were not going to let them do that without giving her a chance-it wasn't fair with all she had been through to now be deprived of her life.
Well, with alot of begging, crying, pleading and my husband basically telling them he was going to 'catnap her and get her the hell out of that 'f'ing place, they took a whole different stance. They have been treating her since then, she has a stomach tube in and they are feeding her through that and then yesterday she started to eat on her own....though it was 'people' food-ham to be exact.
They told us she'll be there another week yet, at least.

The thing is, they have suggested that she be in a fairly 'low stress' environment when she be released, when she's ready to be released. The Cat's not low stress. We have 70 cats in a small house and I can't return her there.
Our home is not ideal either. Smokie is weird, a wonderful cat, but he really is a bully in his heart and doesn't like the other cats there now, besides Ruffy. He tolerates Bella, and has gone after the BUB, but she's fiesty and holds her own.

The details of CeeCee are that she's a 10 year old cat who needs a low stress environment, will need to probably be on a special diet. We don't know more than that. We're hoping and praying that one of our voluneers could take her, but I have to tell you that they are great people, but not the brightest the worst of the heatwave one of the volunteers after her shift shut off the air conditioner in the attic where the FELV cats was a good thing the next volunteer put it on immediately! But you see what I mean.

I heared about how you helped with Laurel's cat, and I was hoping maybe you and Hazel Lucy...and Hazel Mazel...could send out some of that magick-see if there would be anyone who might potentially want to take on my sweet CeeCee. I truly love her. If we had a bigger place it wouldn't even worry me taking her home. So what if she needs a special diet, whatever....we'll figure it out. But low stress is not happening at my house. :( CeeCee isn't ready to go anywhere yet, but this is me worrying because we didn't fight so hard to save her to have her get sick from stress ....
Please don't feel that there is anything you need do. I'm just seeking out possible good karma for our little CeeCee.

With much love to you, Hazel, Hazel Mazel, and of course Buddie from Deb, Jim, and the KG cats.

We beleive after reading Laurels story that miracles happpen here.


Thank you so much for remembering my birthday even if- Catster had fleas! And an update on CeeCee

August 9th 2011 8:23 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

Dear Furs,
Thank you all for remembering my birthday! Wasn't it weird, with no diaries and our post entries vanishing?

I had a lovely birthday basking in the sun and enjoying being pretty!

I wanted to thank eveyrone for thinking of me! It was so kind of you despite all the chaos!

Speaking of-mommy has made CeeCee her own page. She finally got the pictures to cooperate.

Cee Cee was transferred to our Vet on Friday. The Vet Cee Cee had been 'treated' was very negligent of her. Mommy and Daddy said that last night Big Vet told them 'pray and hope for the best, but we have to consider that it might not be good with the biopsy'. Mommy told Big Vet "I know, but don't tell us the odds, lets just do what we can!"

The problem is that CeeCee is very 'fragile'. They apparently weren't doing what they should have been at the other vet. Mommy and Daddy were shocked, because they had never had a bad vet before. They are angry and upset, but are being positive for CeeCee.

As for us, well, we are crowded here, but we were all strays at one time-we all 'came in from the cold'. It was so unfair that this little fur should have had to go through so much.

When she was here-for just a day-we didn't really notice her she was so quiet, though apparently she has a deep meow like Natalie.

So Cee Cee....though we have never really met...welcome to our home CeeCee...welcome to the room..welcome to Catster....welcome to our family. We will purr for you...because that is what we do...celebrate all furs, because we are, as always, the Goodness of Cat.


Karen, Harley's mom needs help!

September 8th 2011 7:37 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Dear everyone non furred and furred.

Please read Angel Harley's posts.
We need to all help him and his mom, Karen!

Karen is feeding strays, really needs some help. She lives in Wisconsin, and there aren't many shelters there near her.

Can we all reach out to her to give a paw?

Many of us...we started out as 'strays' and we came in from the cold. Our newest (ugh) was found under a car eating half a cracker. He was small, scroungy and scared.

I myself, now Queen of the Loveseat and Head Female of the House, was once a frightened mom cat being sprayed by a hose because I was defending kits.

Karen is feeding a lovely scottish fold cat who's somehow feral, and a kitten.

Her terrible neighbor has gotten a trap. The last cat trapped there was brutally killed.

Can we all reach out and help?

Sometimes its those of us who make the least noise...a quiet 'mew' or a little 'rrt?' in a tiny voice....who need the most help.


memories of 9/11 from a small white and grey cat

September 12th 2011 8:55 am
[ Leave A Comment | 6 people already have ]

It was a morning like any other. I had my breakfast and had jumped back on the bed that just mommy and I shared. Mommy was getting ready for work. Mommy's sister, my Aunt Kat, had left earlier, for her work downtown Manhattan.

Mommy made sure I had fresh water. She had put a little more food on my plate and I wandered over to eat it, then jumped back on the bed in my patch of sun.

Mommy heard her step dad call from downstairs and she went down, ready to leave....but her step dad and mom were sitting in front of the TV and there was alot of smoke coming from the World Trade Center. Mommy's brother used to work there. He didn't any more-he worked for the Port Aurthority at the airport. But when he had worked at the World Trade Center Mommy used to get to go up to the top and sit with him and eat hot pretzels and look out over the sky and buildings.

And now it was in smoke. Mommy asked what happened and her step dad told her a plane flew into it. Mommy couldn't believe it. She was stunned.
She went back upstairs and then got her bag and was leaving when the second plane hit.
Mommy asked her stepdad what was happening. Neither he nor her mom knew. Mommy was worried. She left for work, which was only 6 blocks away. When she got there the few people there were gathered around a TV. The Pentegon had been hit.
Mommy's Supervisor and some of the people mommy worked with came in and everyone hugged. Her supervisor led prayer. In the group were many peoples. Some were christian, some were jewish, some were hindu, some were muslim. Everyone was crying and scared or sad.
Mommy tried to call her sister. There was no answer. Mommy's sister worked at the Muni building.
Mommy was at her work for a couple hours, then everyone got to go home. Mommy went home. Everyone in Richmond Hill was outside-all the peoples were sitting outside. People mommy only knew by site came up and they hugges and cried. Mommy was scared cause she didn't know where her sister was. The Muni Buidling is not far from the Trade Towers.
Mommy got to the house. Her mom and her stepdad were watching the TV. Mommy asked if anyone had heard from Aunt Kat and her mom said 'no'.
Mommy went upstairs and hugged me. I wasn't watching the tv. I was being a cat at leisure. I was sleeping in a patch of sun. It was a lovely warm day. I purred in mommys ear and kept purring. Our job at times like this as cats is to make our peoples feel better.
Mommy went back downstairs. At 4 oclock her sister, Aunt Kathy called. She said all the phone lines were tied up. She said she was ok. She said she was going to be having to walk home and it was a long ways. But her friend had pulled her out of the office and they had got a bus who got them to Midtown, but they had to get off there. She had to walk home she says. Nothing running. She was ok, though. She walks to 59th Bridge, walks across Bridge with hundreds of other peoples. She gets to Woodside in Queens. she is so tired. She went to her uncles. Uncles owns a bar, she stayed there for awhile. Uncle finally drove her home. Roads a mess, everyone scared. Uncle got her home at night. Uncle came in, says hello to Aunt Kats mom and hugs mommy and everyone. Aunt Kat's other aunt there. Everyone sad and then Uncle says hello to Aunt Kat's cat, Blackie who jumps on his lap.
Mommy comes upstairs, finally and feeds me again. Blackie comes up and I chase him down the hall. He's in MY SPACE! Mommy watches uncle back up into bathroom and he is laughing because of me. Cats jobs at times like this are to make people laugh. Aunt Kat smiles and picks up Blackie. She hugs him. Uncle pets me. Says 'Bella is fast!' I say 'Yep, I'm fast. And he's in my space.' I go back and eat some dry food. I jump up on the bed.
Mommy's uncle leaves.
Mommy and everyone watch TV and everyone is sad. Mommy comes back upstairs. I curl up on her. I purr. Mommy puts her hand on my head and we go to sleep.

Everyone in mommy's family ok. Mommy's friend she used to work with had just gotten her first full time job at Goldman Sachs. She had gone to her first day to get her work ID.
She was never found.
Sometimes, Mommy still so sad.
But I keep purring. A cat's job at times like this is to purr.


I don't like the cold..

November 1st 2011 10:58 am
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

Ah I can so relate to Sweets...
When it's cold, Mommy closes the window next to my spot. When she's gone during the day, it gets warm in here, and I am able to relax. Lately, I have even let Smokie come up beside me on the other side of the loveseat to sleep. He doesn't trouble me, just sleeps.
There is a blanket on the cusions, so I can be warm and comfortable. Sometimes I even get a heating pad to keep me more warm.
Yesterday was nice. Daddy and Mommy were both off from work. They went out and came back and we all had a nap together in the front room, mommy on the cushion beside me, and she bought out a lovely warm blanket and put it over us. I didn't like it over me after awhile, and climbed up to nest on it.
Mommy noticed I'm not so steady always on my back leg and it worries her. It means I will have to take cosaquin again. I am due for another bottle of azodyl too.

Mommy is wondering, because a small bag of fluids from our vet is so expensive (with the line and needles-$38.00) if there is a less expensive way of getting it-does anyone know? Mommy and Daddy have to watch their money and want me to get my fluids but the Vets prices have 'gone up' and its a worry to them.

I have been doing ok...this morning I sat in the little patch of sun on the towel and blanket next to the window for a bit, the window was cracked open a bit and I got a little fresh air. Then I went back to my blankie to nap.

Ah, being Elderwise as the world turns and the sun takes it's vacation is not always easy on us, is it fellow Furts?

lets all find a warm place to cuddle.



Not too well today-might I have a few purrs?

November 24th 2011 9:27 am
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]

Hi everyone,
I've not been too well this week. I got my fluids yesterday, but still drank alot and vomited. Mommy took up all the dry food in the house, in case I've been getting into it. Apparently some was bought as a treat for come cats mommy feeds and I might have gotten some.

That said, I haven't been my best the past couple weeks. I'm eating, but went off the food I had been eating for quite awhile...I eat it sporadically now...and Mommy had to hunt around for what I'd eat. She came up with Friskies Turkey and Giblets. I seem to tolerate this pretty well, and like it. It might be it has alot of moisture in it. But my coat isn't good, and I am cranky alot. I will probably get hauled off to the vet soon.
Mommy is worried and I'm wondering if others would purr for me? I'm purring for my friend Kaci Sunshine, too. She's also not feeling so well, and Kaci and I seem to have similar things at similar times.
Mommy is worried....she always worries much about me.


Happy thanksgiving, all!

Mommy says since she's going 'out' for dinner, that she will cook us all turkey tomorrow that she and daddy will share with us!
Looking foward to it!

  Sort By Newest First

Bella My Beautiful Angel


Family Pets

Orange Ruffy
Smokie Boo
Natalie the
Llwellyn of K
Louie the
Lover Angel
CeeCee Ryder
CK Angel Ryder
(Adopted Feb
Midnight the
House Panther
Calvin Mc
Ringo The
Amon Ra The


(What does RSS do?)