Little Bit

Domestic Shorthair
Picture of Little Bit, a female Domestic Shorthair

Photo Comments (1)

Home:PA  [I have a diary!]  
Age: 8 Years   Sex: Female

   Leave a treat for Little Bit

Sun Sign:
August 1st 2008

The Last Forum I Posted In:
Pregnant feral kitty

I've Been On Catster Since:
September 17th 2009 More than 7 years!

Rosette, Star and Special Gift History

Catster Id:

Meet my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends

Not Easy Letting Go

Little Bit's Rescue

September 17th 2009 7:32 am
[ Leave A Comment ]

Hi there! I am Little Bit, and have I got a story to tell you. It's about my human and how she and I came to be a family. Oh, I am also including my human dad.

Mom - who I will call as my human mom - works at Cracker Barrel. Well, during one sort of nice day while she was working inside the store on the retail side, heard from another co-worker that there was a stray kitten outside in the bushes. That would be me. Because Mom had already rescued my other siblings - we aren't related, but we still live together - she felt she needed to check me out.

Running outside the store and checking to see what I looked like, she noticed I had already been caught by Mom's bossy manager and put into a box that couldn't keep me contained. When I tried to run away from the box, Mom caught me by the back foot and held on tight, but not enough to hurt me. However, I didn't know that. So, in my very frightened state, I turned and bit down hard on Mom's finger. Wow, it had to have been hard cuz I saw blood coming out of it. She walked away, not very happy with me and said she wanted nothing to do with a "feral kitten."

In the meantime, because the others who tried to catch me weren't able to keep me contained, they let me go back into the bushes where I continued to cry as loud as I could. I was more frightened than ever, as well as cold, flea-bitten and really hungry. I wish Mom could understand that I honestly didn't mean to bit her; I did it because of how scared I was. Living and surviving as a stray kitten is not easy at all. There are so many dangers out there for furbabies like me.

It seems that a little bit later....hehehehe...."little bit"....get it? Ahem, where was I? Oh yeah, Mom called Dad to come and get me after all, and to bring a crate to put me in. She seemed to have changed her mind about taking me home because she wanted to make sure I didn't have rabies. Who? Little ole' Moi?? Why, never! She had yet to learn just how sweet could be.

Anyways, Dad came along and after looking through the bushes, plucked me out just like that. He had grabbed me by the scruff and practically stuffed me into the crate. Weeeelllll....actually, he didn't. It's just that I put up such a stink about going into it, he didn't want to get bitten either. I made a lot of noise on the ride home. Dad brought me in the house and locked me up in the bathroom, but remembered to release me from my little prison. He then gave me food and water. Oh my goodness! That food tasted like heaven; I was that hungry. Afterwards, I kept making noises hoping to get Dad annoyed so he could look in on me and I could make another escape. It didn't work.

Later, Mom came home, but didn't bother to check in on me. She was still plenty mad because of having been bitten. She told Dad that she was going to make a call to the vet to have me checked out. She definitely wanted to make sure I was not carrying rabies.

Finally, she decided to check in on me. Guess it was time to put on my cute-sy face so she could see just how sweet I was. It worked!! She kept saying, "Kitty, kitty," and stretching out her hand so I could sniff it. I admit I was a little frightened at first. But, the curiosity in me couldn't resist going up for a sniff. I felt her giving me a scritch around my head and talking to me. It just seemed to all come together and I allowed her to pick me up. Next thing I know, my purr motor was going full speed ahead and very loudly. Something told me Mom approved of me right away and knew then and there that I wasn't feral at all. I was too loveable.

At the vet, I got checked for all kinds of nasty parasites, given a de-wormer, a shot, although it felt like I had 10 needles stuck inside me. Getting home afterwards, I slept for a long time. I didn't even care when the other family members came to sniff me out. Many of them hissed at me cuz I was so new. Others didn't even care. There were so many cousins and all that I couldn't even remember all their names. Guess I had a lot to learn.

But anyways, I got settled in and learned how to use the litter pan, thrived on the great food Mom was feeding me, but mostly, being unhappy at the nasty medicine Dad was giving me, since Mom had to work.

Ssssh...don't let Mom know, but I glad I bit her finger. She may not have taken me home, otherwise. Would she?

See all diary entries for Little Bit