Age: 10 Years Sex: Female
Photo Comments [See My CatsterPlus Photo Book]
• Profile last updated on: 03/09/2014
| ||Activeness|| || |
| ||Intelligence|| || |
| ||Curiosity|| || |
| ||Friendliness|| || |
| ||Vocal|| || || |
One day back in November, I received a rescue phone call. My friend who is a vet in California called, asking me to rescue a cat that had been frequenting her brother's backyard in Chicago for about six years! Neighbors, who were sick of the occasional kitty poop, were threatening to poison her if she was not dealt with promptly.
Hearing this, I put a rescue plan into action. As Feona was timid around strange people, for over a month, I had a trap set, hoping that she would wander in. She ended up being a smart little thing, and would not fall for it! She even stayed away during our first huge winter storm. Finally, I came to get the trap, thinking it was futile. However, the day before I was set to pick up the trap, I got another phone call---Feona had been caught!
I was so happy; little did I know how much this little cutie would touch the hearts of so many....
Once Feona was safe in my rescue, she began to put on some weight. I attributed it to finally having a normal meal to eat twice daily. However, soon to find out, Feona became Feona +4! I couldn't believe it! I was so glad these guys were spared the tough life of Chicago alleys.
To make a long story short, it is now July of 2009, and Feona's beautiful kittens are about 5 months old. Only two remain up for adoption, Midge (male) and Ariell (female). As you can see, they are two beautifully sleek, playful, and extremely friendly kittens.
Here are the amazing hardships that Feona has been through during her life as a stray and her life in my rescue so far:
1. She has survived at least six Chicago winters, having to care for numerous litters (at least two others over the years prior to being caught)
2. She has lost her kitty meow, and now just gives her children a little trill or a hoarse welcome.
3. Her teeth have all rotted and fallen out as a stray, only to leave one top fang (very cute!) and two bottom teeth, which were infected and oozing, and two others. After receiving dental surgery, she only has three of those left!
4. When she was spayed, they found a lump near one of her nipples. 95% chance or higher that it was a cancerous tumor. I prepared for the worst.
5. Biopsy showed it was an imbedded BB pellet, which had gotten infected and created a small mass. Ironically super news.
6. She has tested FIV+. Amazingly, ALL of her kittens have cleared their FIV and FELV tests, and are negative! Not uncommon, though.
Feona's story of survival and triumph is an amazing one. She has come so far. She is a kitty who is shy around people, yet sweet as can be. She LOVES her children; they bring out playfulness and nurturing in her. She has done great in my rescue-I have had to pill her with no trouble at all, and she has had PERFECT litter box usage.
I am hoping that I can find some angel out there who would be willing to adopt Feona, along with one or both of her remaining kittens. Even though Feone is FIV +, and her kittens are not, the only risk of transmissin for FIV is through a bite wound and not only does Feona pose no aggression risk to her kittens, but she has few remaining teeth!
I am looking for a home for her and her children that is quiet and patient. Her kittens will provide the playful and snuggly personalities someone may be looking for, while they will need to be patient for Feona to warm up. Seeing her with her babies is very satisfying, and watching them snuggle at night just makes me smile.
Please consider giving Feona and one (or both!) of her babies a chance at a loving, indoor, FOREVER home.
They have all been spayed/neutered, microchipped, rabies and distemper vaccinated, and snaptested (read above).
Leave a treat for ♥Feona, the miracle kit
Catster stats for ♥Feona, the miracle kit
2 times 27
June 1st 2003
Her children, Midge and Ariell.
Her infected teeth right now, soon to be gone!
She just likes to snuggle with her children.
Favorite Nap Spot:
In her snuggle bed with her children.
Evo/Innova Cat & Kitten Wet Food. Her children's Purina Healthy Kitten Formula.
She is extremely smart.
3 of 9
Amazing Story of Triumph and Survival
The Groups I'm In:
I've Been On Catster Since:
|July 18th 2009
||More than 4 years!
Rosette, Star and Special Gift History
for 1380 days
See all my Feline Friends
See all my Feline Friends