We’re celebrating Halloween all week, and you’ll have a chance to win big in The Cat’s Meow’s Halloween Purrade and Photo Contest.
Grand Purrize Package:
- 50 zealies
- $25 gift card. Winner’s choice of PetSmart, Petco, Amazon or Shutterfly.
- Each entrant must have a Catster profile page or a cat blog.
- All cats in any household may enter, but only one cat per household can be a finalist.
- Photos that are enhanced using a software graphics program are eligible. However, judges will consider the significant degree of difficulty involved in posing a cat in an actual costume when selecting finalists. A well-executed non-Photoshopped entry will place higher than a similarly well-executed Photoshopped entry.
- Photoshopped entries that include a cat’s head on a human body are ineligible to participate in the purrade or receive a prize.
How to Enter:
You’ll upload your photo to the Blogger contest blog. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to blogger.com.
- In the upper right-hand corner, sign in with username: TCMhalloween and password: halloween.
- On the dashboard, click the blue “New Post” button.
- Enter a Title in the Title box. (Best Title: YOUR NAME as COSTUME [“Fluffy as Michael Jackson”])
- Click the COMPOSE tab to make it active
- Click the photo icon (3rd from right) to upload a photo from your hard drive.
- Provide a link to your Catster profile or blog.
- Optional: Add explanatory text.
- 11:59 pm on Halloween — Saturday, October 31st.
- Entries will be posted on The Cat’s Meow on Halloween in our Halloween Purrade.
- Entries submitted after 9 pm PT on Friday, Oct 30th might be subject to a delay in being published to the Purrade. You’ll be posted to the Purrade sometime on Halloween, but it could be later in the day.
The finalists will be announced on The Cat’s Meow on Sunday, Nov 1st. The winner will be drawn at random (via random.org) from the finalists, and announced on Monday, Nov 2nd.
Click here to go to the Contest Blog.
* Trophy can only be sent to a winner who resides in the U.S. or Canada.