If you know animal-loving children between the ages of 7 and 12, let them know about the Paws For Poetry Contest:
Do you have a cat, dog, mouse, hamster, gerbil or any other type of pet you feel poetic about?
Put your thoughts and feelings into a poem and submit with a photo of your pet.
The winning poem and pet’s photo will be highlighted in a MEET ME AT THE CORNER video podcast during 2009. (See rules and regulations below for prizes and details).
One grand prize winner in each category will receive a prize package worth $50.00. Two runners-up in each category (ages 7 to 9) and (10 to 12) will receive a $25 gift package provided by on-line pet supply provider Drs. Foster and Smith (www.DrsFosterSmith.com).
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The poetry contest is open to children 7-12.
2. Each poem must be an original work. (Only one poem per child, please.)
3. Your poem about your pet may be of any length and in any style about your pet.
4. Each poem must be titled and submitted with a photo of your pet. Poems may be submitted in one of two categories: ages 7-9 or ages 10-12.
5. Each poem entered must be submitted on a separate sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper. Typed entries are preferred.
6. On the back of the poem, include contestant’s full name, address, phone number, email, age and category.
7. Poems will not be returned and become the property of MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual Field Trips for Kids.
THE DEADLINE IS MARCH 31, 2009.
All entries must be sent to:
MEET ME AT THE CORNER
PAWS FOR POETRY CONTEST
1710 First Avenue
P.O. Box 283
New York, NY 10128.