would you consider it "inhumain" to make a rug out of your cat?

i have an extreemly fat cat named nelson.i love him very much and would never ever hurt him.hes a grey tabby mixed with soething else and he is very sweet and loving and he is also very soft.due to his massive amount of weight he obviously has alot of skin and i always considered taking him to the taxadermy and having a rug made out of him, like the large polar bear ones, when he died (of natural causes of corse) my sister tells me that that is mean but i dont see a problem with it if he is already dead. do you think its "inhumain" to have a rug made of a cat that died of its own natural causes?

Asked by Member 1010404 on Nov 2nd 2010 Tagged humain, cat, inhumain, cat, rug, skin, large, fat, cat, taxedermy in Humane Education

Answers

Yes.

Not inhumane since he would be already deceased at that point. But disgusting would be more of the word I would use.

Personally I think it is inhumane to let a cat get extremely fat as you say Nelson has become. It is unhealthy for him to be overweight.

Harvey

Umm...is this a serious question or are you having a little joke on our behalf? Actually, the Victorians used to have their pets stuffed, so it's not unheard of. But if you make your cat into a rug, you'll be walking over it, which wouldn't be respectful of Nelson's memory. Also, cat fur is finer than polar bear or tiger fur, and a rug made out of cat fur wouldn't wear well. I furthermore suspect that most taxidermists would turn down your request--not to mention that it would probably be expensive. You sound like a kid and I have doubts that you are serious, but if you really want to remember Nelson via his fur, one (real) idea is to save his fur every time you brush or comb him. Eventually, you may be able to get enough fur to get someone to spin into yarn and then knit into something like a muffler or sweater. Evidently there are people who actually do this, but you'll have to start saving up Nelson's fur now to get enough for it to be knitted into something.

Harvey answered on 11/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

I think letting a cat get fat is inhuman & I think making a rug out of him when he dies is improper & inhuman.

Desdimona

I do think it is inhuman, but if yourt heart is set then I would have it stuffed at the taxedermest insted of being made into a rug. That would keep its natural shape comsistand and a better reminder of your cat. Consider the fact that cats are like people. Would you want to be made into a rug?

Desdimona answered on 11/27/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

More Questions in This Category