Moon

Would it be alright for my cats to eat Temptations treats as a meal?

For Christmas I was thinking about buying Moon and Bear bags of Temptations treats, they love them to death. On the bag in the Feeding Instructions it notes that "if feeding as a main meal, feed adult cats 1/2 bag per 7lbs. of body weight daily. Kittens can be fed up to 1 1/2 bags daily."
I know that treats aren't the number one preferred source of nutrition but, would it be acceptable if I did this just on Christmas day?

Asked by Moon on Nov 8th 2011 in Treats

Answers

Cali

Even if your kitty treats are formulated to be nutritionally complete they are still very rich and probably made of lower quality stuff than your kitty's real food (The first ingrediants in the chicken flavor- Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Corn, Animal Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Rice, Dried Meat by-Products, Wheat Flour, Natural Flavors, Corn Gluten Meal - none of which is really great food for cats) and giving them *just* the treats for an entire meal out of the blue is likely to upset their tummies. A generous mixing in with their actual food will still be seen as a wonderful treat and they'll still be perfectly spoiled for the holiday.

Think of it like making special chocolate chip pancakes Christmas morning for a little kid instead of just handing them their giant chocolate Santa and telling them to go crazy for their breakfast. Both kids get a fun Christmas morning chocolate fix but pancake kid is a lot less likely to be throwing up Christmas evening!

Cali answered on 11/8/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer