would a mothering cat allow her first born daugther who is also becoming a mothering cat too to be in the same room

Asked by Member 974626 on Mar 16th 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers

fluffy

My mom has two cats and both just had kittens one right after another in the same room...I think as long as they get along elsewhere it shouldnt be too big of a deal as long aas they arent trying to bug each other...believe me if it bothers one of them they will let you know!!

fluffy answered on 3/16/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Speaking as a breeder, it is safer to keep Momcat and the kittens separate from your other cats. Intact females can sometimes get downright nasty with each other. However, I break this rule all the time. As the other poster said, if there's a problem, you'll find out soon enough. My problem has been with cats who turn on their kittens after weaning is over. Chibi is a cheerful cat who now growls at her own kittens and at the other females, but not at the males. Let your cats tell you what works out best for all of you.

Chibi answered on 3/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer