Will My Daddy cat hurt the little 3 day old baby?

I have a three or four day old baby kitty that daddy kitty hasnt seen yet because I am a fraid he will hurt the little guy, will he??

Asked by Member 720592 on Aug 28th 2008 Tagged newbaby, maletomcat in Aggression

Answers

Atrus

Maybe? A pregnant/nursing cat and kittens need privacy. They need a safe, quiet room or something all to themselves, away from another other cats.

Atrus answered on 8/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ewok

It really depends on your kitty. Just to be safe I would keep the kitten in a safe room where only mom can get to him and slowly introduce dad. If you were dealing with feral cats, the mom usually keeps males away because tom cat have been known to kill kittens to protect there place as alpha cat.

Ewok answered on 8/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

fiona

the mama cat will still probably try to keep away the papa cat and i had experience when that caused a permanent issue between the male and the female. try to give the mama and the kitty a private place.

fiona answered on 8/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Icarus

Unless he is extremely aggressive with all other cats, it's unlikely he'll try to hurt the babies. You shouldn't feel anxious about introducing him to the kittens, though I would do it one at a time while holding them, probably when they are a little older. If he's like all the tomcats I've known, he might sniff them but probably won't be too interested.
But, as the other posts have said, you need to make sure that Mom and babies have a secluded area to themselves to avoid issues between Mom and Dad, as she will be extremely protective of the babies.

Icarus answered on 8/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Garfield

He most likely will not hurt the kittens. The mama cat is usually very protective of her kittens and will defend them in the case that the papa cat might attack.

Garfield answered on 9/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer