Will my cat have short hair or long hair... Also has an eye issue?!?

I just found this little thing we don't know who the mother or father is. We have quite a few long hair and short hair strays around my neighbor hood we don't know where she is from . She has long hair infront of her ears and about 3 in hairs all over with a very thick under coat a half in below them ... And her eyes water a lot. Is this normal? It gets very gunky and a dark brown / green color, and sometimes they will stick shut after she sleeps. I have been Taking a warm paper towl to wipe away what i can But i Dont know what Is causing or what i cam do to prevent rhis. Haven't taken to the bet yet because my husband is allergic to long haired cats and can't keep her if she is. Is there anything I can do in the mean time about the eyes? Until we find out of we can keep her?? Any answers would be appreciates

Asked by Member 1117361 on Jun 24th 2012 Tagged eyeissues, longhair, shorthair, watereyes, gunkieeyes in Kittens

Answers

If I were in your situation, whether you can keep her or not, I would take her to a vet for an exam. It's not normal for a kitten's eyes to be so watery and "gunky" and she could be ill or have an infection. At that time, ask the vet, if you have become attached to the baby, what the best way is to treat her and your home to cut down on your husband's allergic reactions. It's not so much the length of the hair that people tend to be allergic to, but the dander on the animal's skin. There are ways, if you truly have become attached, the kitten becomes healthy and you want to keep her, to clean and treat your home to make your hubby more comfortable.

Nika

It definitely sounds like she has an eye infection. I recommend using PETfection Eye Wash & Cleaner on her. It is 100% Organic and Non-Toxic and will help soothe and get rid of the infection and any smell. I have used it on my dogs and find it to work well, but also know it is safe for cats. I hope this helps!

Nika answered on 6/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer