Will a RAT attack a cat around the the eyes, if the cat is noseing in a drain pipe

I was told a rat will always go for a cats eyes,my cat has come in again tonight with another red raw lump over her eye, this is 2nd time since Christmas,the last one was starting to heal but has opened up again.Have'nt seen vet as the last time this happened it healed quickly, but seems worst this time.Her jags are all up to date

Asked by Member 1148168 on Jan 4th 2013 Tagged ratsattackingcars in Health & Wellness

Answers

When we let our cats out, we have to understand that there are things out there that can hurt or even kill them. But, on the other hand, having had 2 outdoor cats myself, I know it's almost impossible to make them into inside cats. I'm not sure what you mean by "jags", but I'm assuming you mean shots, and that's good. However, that doesn't mean that she can't become ill if attacked by another animal. Shots don't prevent infections. It actually doesn't matter what she got into it with or how she became injured. If she were my cat, I'd take her to the vet, at least to have it cleaned and examined. Infections can pop up suddenly and severely, and worst case scenario even spread to her brain if left untreated or even make her blind. And, if she's not spayed, spaying her will not only prevent an unwanted litter but make her less apt to look for fights.