Belle

Why would my cat be licking the blinds?

Belle recently started licking the living room blinds and plastic (mainly shopping bags). Is this cause for alarm or is it as simple as she does it for attention? Should I try changing her water more frequently? Right now I change it when I feed her...morning and night and then just adding more to the bowl in the afternoon.

Asked by Belle on Jul 23rd 2014 Tagged licking, blinds in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

My cat does it too. There is dried condensation on there and cats explore with their mouths. There is nothing to be grossed out about. If you are worried, clean your blinds with a pet-safe cleaner. This is probably a boredom substitute activity, so you should get your cat more toys and treats, play classical music for her, buy the "CatSitter" Dvd, get interactive toys that you can have fun with together for at LEAST 10 minutes a day, etc. Changing water should not have an impact on the behavior either, but if you think your cat is not drinking enough, then DO add another water bowl in your home as far away from the original one as you can place it. ^_^