Xaviar

Why won't my friends cat stop peeing on my couch?

There are four cat's in my household, but their (to my knowledge} is only one cat peeing all over my leather couches. When we First moved into this house the couches where previously pee'd on by the old owners sick cat. We where able to get it out then, but now it's treated like a litter-box my this cat. He wont stop. And we've scrubbed, and scrubbed. The obvious solution to this is to throw out the Couches, but we can't. Their now ours to depose of. We moved the couch but then the cat decided to pee where it was. I'm confused, and sick of my house smelling horrible. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Asked by Xaviar on Oct 25th 2013 Tagged urination, behavieralissues in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

First off, there should be one litter box for each cat, unless they are used to sharing. Second, when animals soil they will continue to do so as long as they smell their own pee. Since this couch has been used as a sandbox by at least two cats, its time to remove it. First, buy a blacklight and investigate where else the cat has peed (at night). The results can be surprising and informative. After the damage is assessed, I'm pretty sure you will have to ditch the couch and get a new (cheap) couch with separate furniture covers. SureFit makes great removable and machine washable pet covers to solve your problem, they are not cheap but well worth it. Good luck, adding more boxes will help!! ^_^